The 2008 Presidential Race thread

DJ V Lawrence

I was talking about politicians in a political thread. What's irrelevant about that?

Yes, Republicans are such sweet people-I can't for the life of me figure out why we voted the family values serial divorcee, oxycotin addict, meth smoking christian male prostitute using child predator protecting borrow and spend party out of power.

I'm sorry, could you clarify to whom you are referring? Is this someone you voted for, or I voted for? Or is this just a randomly ignorant general smear of the entire party? I am just curious. I don't remember voting for anyone that did any or all of that, so help me out here. Thanks!

Also, since we are talking about moral issues, and you love to point out the failings of Republicans, I was wondering, is it okay for Democrats to get caught boffing underage pages, being alcoholics, accepting bribes, doing drugs and breaking up families with affairs including both men and women? Couldja answer that for me? Because I gotta tell ya, I think the Dems have the Republicans beat on that, hands-down.

Oh, I almost forgot little west20th. So cute. "Me too! Me too!" Awwww. :wub:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The deficit was already inflated before the taxcuts of 2003, the deficit has dropped over $350 billion since then, and keeps dropping. West go read the links I have provided. I put them up so I don't have to repeat myself. Sorry for the double post.

This is what you are celebrating.

Largest Yearly DEFICITS

1. 2004 (George W. Bush) $413 billion

2. 2003 (George W. Bush) $378 billion

3. 2005 (George W. Bush) $318 billion

4. 2006 (George W. Bush) $296 billion (projected)

5. 1992 (George H. W. Bush) $290 billion

6. 2007 (Goerge W. Bush) $200 billion

Because the government is ONLY hemorraghing cash at HALF the rate that it was 3 years ago, you celebrate. Ignore that the 4 largest deficits in US history were ALL by GWB, and that $200 billion is still one of the highest in history (if you take out GWB's 4 largest). This would be a ridiculous deficit if it were measured against any other president. Bush compares it to HIS OWN incompetent management and declares victory. Worse, there are people that actually AGREE with him!

This clown has added $1.5 Trillion to the National Debt during his presidency, and TJ brags how well the tax cuts worked. TJ, I know this is a long time ago, and you Bushies don't like to think back to the year 2000, but remember when Bush predicted a $5.6 Trillion SURPLUS? He claimed his tax cuts would only eat up $1.5 Trillion, and we'd still have a $4.1 Trillion SURPLUS left over. Remember that? Now, tell me why this DEFICIT is a victory again?

Red, how quickly you forget that there is a war going on and that we had 2 major hurricanes hit the coast AFTER the tax cuts. And the Govt. is STILL paying for Katrina and Rita.

Let's see Bush's statements in 2000 about creating tax cuts that would work didn't get to materialize until 2003, so we are 3 years behind on the $4.4trillion, and if the tax cuts are so bad, and indeed are NOT working then why on God's green Earth would an extension to these same cuts be allowed ? And, the GDP is STILL at a lower percentage than in the Clinton years. The CBO was also off about $125billion from its projected budget because they failed to take into account the actual affects of the taxcuts. Come talk to me in 2010 and we'll see where we are in terms of GDP and the $4.4trillion.

I am sorry Bush's tax cuts have put such a burden on you Red, I guess you should have saved your money instead of renovating your entire Kitchen. ;) Yep, we sure have fallen on hardtimes around here. :wacko:

P2010023.jpg

I am sorry Bush's tax cuts have put such a burden on you Red, I guess you should have saved your money instead of renovating your entire Kitchen. ;) Yep, we sure have fallen on hardtimes around here. :wacko:

P2010023.jpg

Come on Red, i know you at least chuckled! LOL

P2010023.jpg

So now you attack a fellow HAIFer's contribution to the economy??? SHAME I say!!!! Shame on you Mr. Jones!!!! Now you may call Red a commie, baby killing "librul" but his contribution to the local economy has beeen commendable!!!! Does that count for nothing? Won't you even credit him for not succuming to a "librul" gay man's sense of style in his remodel job by making all his decisions on his own???

I just don't know what to think anymore...

[bTW, Red...we need to talk about that little elephant on your bar...]

B)

Another thought that I misconstrued is that you would actually read the article. Deficit is gonna go to $188 million, then by 2008 we will be in the black, this, all with a war going on, would you add a little to the discussion and explain how this is happening webdude ? The point is, that the tax cuts are working, whether you want to admit it or not.

Exactly, lower tax rates but MORE businesses and jobs being created to pay those lower taxes thus bringing in MORE money for the Govt.

I think the point is don't be smug about something that hasn't happen.

I see you cannot tell the difference between speculation and something real.

real: we are at war and still spending money there.

real: we still have a huge deficit; something real, unlike your made up surplus coming soon.

Even if we believe that MORE money is coming in, it still does not cover the deficit.

And as a reminder again of the main point, if you want to be smug about the fiscal accomplishments of this administration and tell ppl their heads are in the sand, make sure you have something real to back it up, like the existence of surplus, and not just a speculative one.

Same advice, don't throw around heads in the sand comments so easily, when all you got on the fiscal accomplishment is: speculatively, they MIGHT BREAK EVEN.

So now you attack a fellow HAIFer's contribution to the economy??? SHAME I say!!!! Shame on you Mr. Jones!!!! Now you may call Red a commie, baby killing "librul" but his contribution to the local economy has beeen commendable!!!! Does that count for nothing? Won't you even credit him for not succuming to a "librul" gay man's sense of style in his remodel job by making all his decisions on his own???

I just don't know what to think anymore...

[bTW, Red...we need to talk about that little elephant on your bar...]

B)

I am actually a little envious of that beautiful kitchen of his. Me being a "Jones" and all, I now feel the need to have to be "Keeping up with the RedScares", instead of myself. I was laughing the whole time I was writing that for Red. I was hoping he'd get a kick out of it. BTW, the wife keeps dropping hints, thanks pal-o-mine !

I totally agree that the Govt. went HOGWILD with spending and realized that "hey, the rest of the country isn't keeping up with our type of spending and now we gotta spur them somehow." Like I told Red, if by 2010 we aren't in the black or the trend is not still headed towards going into the black within a year or two. I will jump on the bandwagon and say "BAD BUSH!" Until then , all I see is an upturn, and now there is even gonna be a wage increase to get people to spend more of their hard earned dollars. Now that someone brought up "breaking even", that is what the tax cuts are now for those small business men and women who will now have to raise hourly wages, so I will see the tax cuts as the cost of doing business.

webdude, the CBO's numbers are all speculative also, yet they look to always be inflated as a worst case scenario. I am simply asking you to look at the numbers since the tax cuts were enacted. webdude, I promise I am not trying to be smug, I am just going by the numbers.

I like Barack. I really liked how he b-slapped that loud mouthed Australian PM. Like we need him sticking his nose in our business.

It is always quite entertaining to see how marvelously indignant Democrats can get when the shoe is on the other foot. :lol:

It is always quite entertaining to see how marvelously indignant Democrats can get when the shoe is on the other foot. :lol:

I'm not sure I understand. You are OK with some foreign PM sticking his nose in our buisness? What is your point exactly?

I'm not sure I understand. You are OK with some foreign PM sticking his nose in our buisness? What is your point exactly?

No, I'm not OK with it. However, you may or may not recall many Dems gleefully touting how many foreign leaders supported Kerry's candidacy in 2004 while many others constantly wringed hands over what other countries thought about us.

I guess their own medicine doesn't taste too nice.

No, I'm not OK with it. However, you may or may not recall many Dems gleefully touting how many foreign leaders supported Kerry's candidacy in 2004 while many others constantly wringed hands over what other countries thought about us.

Many dems. Maybe. I wasn't one of them. Generalizing a bit?

I am glad to see someone hasn't forgotten how our standing has gone down hill since republicans held power.

Many dems. Maybe. I wasn't one of them. Generalizing a bit?

West, i missed the B*-slapping by Obama, you got a link my friend ?

I am glad to see someone hasn't forgotten how our standing has gone down hill since republicans held power.

So, what has changed now since the almighty Dems. have regained the House and Senate ?

West, i missed the B*-slapping by Obama, you got a link my friend ?

Howard:

"If I were running al Qaeda in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008, and pray, as many times as possible, for a victory not only for Obama, but also for the Democrats," Howard said, speaking on "Sunday," a TV show on Australia's Nine Network.

Obama:

Obama, campaigning in Iowa, told reporters Sunday he's flattered that one of Bush's allies "started attacking me the day after I announced (his presidential run) -- I take that as a compliment."

The Democratic presidential hopeful said if the Australian prime minister was "ginned up to fight the good fight in Iraq," he needs to send another 20,000 Australians to the war.

"Otherwise, it's just a bunch of empty rhetoric," Obama said.

Howard:

"If I were running al Qaeda in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008, and pray, as many times as possible, for a victory not only for Obama, but also for the Democrats," Howard said, speaking on "Sunday," a TV show on Australia's Nine Network.

Obama:

Obama, campaigning in Iowa, told reporters Sunday he's flattered that one of Bush's allies "started attacking me the day after I announced (his presidential run) -- I take that as a compliment."

The Democratic presidential hopeful said if the Australian prime minister was "ginned up to fight the good fight in Iraq," he needs to send another 20,000 Australians to the war.

"Otherwise, it's just a bunch of empty rhetoric," Obama said.

I didn't catch a recording of the comment, myself, so I don't have a good sense of what tone Howard was using, but the comment (in writing) seems like a very simple and very valid observation to me. Obama is the only one that seems likely to support an immediate withdrawl. The faster that we remove ourselves from Iraq without having clearly gained ground just prior to that withdrawl, the more it looks like defeat, and the more that low-tech guerrila fighters are emboldened. Even Hillary would likely take her time.

So yes, I'd have to agree with Howard's remark. It is a shame that Obama seems to be resorting to "empty rhetoric" both as an accusation and as a cover for his lack of a viable response.

To all who may think that I am Racist or Sexist, I am not. I was just trying to make a point about America needing a change for once. It does'nt matter if you are black, white, hispanic, chinese or what ever. It is how you present your self and get the job done in a professional, respectful manner. I love black people because I am black myself. I love white people, I have many white friends. My previous comments were not about racism or anything like that, It was about my opinion that America could use a change.

To all who may think that I am Racist or Sexist, I am not. I was just trying to make a point about America needing a change for once. It does'nt matter if you are black, white, hispanic, chinese or what ever. It is how you present your self and get the job done in a professional, respectful manner. I love black people because I am black myself. I love white people, I have many white friends. My previous comments were not about racism or anything like that, It was about my opinion that America could use a change.

I hear you, Chris. Being a memeber of HAIF for longer than you I may have a bit more perspective on the posters. Many seem to have no grasp on racism VS ethnicity. Many are comfortable being stuck in their intractable and sometimes illogical ideas. That should never prevent you from comparing all ideas. It's what makes you a grown-up as opposed to simply being a mimic of the comfortable opinion. Keep up the questioning. Hold the qustioners to their ideas and ideals. You may be amazed that many of them hold on to completely subjective ideals devoid of facts.

Chris, I don't really think that you are any more a racist than I am. But your statements show otherwise to those who take people literally at their words. It doesn't matter WHO the President is too me. It could be a green bug-eyed oompa loompa for all I care, as long as they are THE most qualified for the job and were born here in the USA. Your statements, up until your last one, never included a candidate that bears a resemblence of the past 43 Presidents as far as demographics go, White, Male, over 50. So, I will ask you again, if a White, Male, over 50, had the best credentials, and agreed with basically all the issues, and policies that you stand for, wouldn't HE be the right choice for you, or would you cancel him out because the prior 43 Presidents have the same appearance ? Now, bear in mind that "looks" do play a part in our everyday Amercian Culture. Height, weight, status, and "looks" weigh heavily in a voters mind. They don't want a Michael Dukakis looking Pres. , too short, too hairy, and just not what Hollywood projects as the ALL-American Male ! You may not think you take that into account when you step into a voting booth, but sub-consciously it does play a part.

Not me. I voted Kerry and he is down right scary looking IMO.

Well, the man was good lookin enough to bag not one but 2 sugarmamas, so it could be his , ahem, "rugged" good looks, or perhaps he is well endowed ? You would have to ask the wives to know for sure because I tend to agree with you though, John Kerry is so ugly The Elephant Man said he'd pay to see HIM !

Well, the man was good lookin enough to bag not one but 2 sugarmamas, so it could be his , ahem, "rugged" good looks, or perhaps he is well endowed ? You would have to ask the wives to know for sure because I tend to agree with you though, John Kerry is so ugly The Elephant Man said he'd pay to see HIM !

I'm gonna get in trouble for this but hey you only live once. John Kerry is downright Condaleeza ugly! Like the new pic. Is that your baby picture?

Archived