Metro Blog

• 2 months later...

i wonder whether the killing on the metro bus today will appear on their blog?

A man was shot to death today on a Metropolitan Transit Authority bus in west Houston after he apparently got into an argument with a man he may have touched or bumped while trying to get off the bus.

The alleged gunman was in custody and a passenger was taken to a hospital complaining of chest pains after the incident, which occurred about 11:30 a.m. on the 82 Westheimer route on Westheimer between Wilcrest and Kirkwood, said Metro spokeswoman Rosio Torres.

The victim appeared to be in his late 20s or early 30s, according to Houston Police Department Capt. Dwayne Ready. When HPD arrived, the paramedics were already on the bus and had the suspect's gun. The alleged shooter was "sitting in the back of the bus with his hands raised and was very compliant, '' he said. "He was then taken into custody without further incident.''

story

• 3 weeks later...

One of the latest blog entrys was interesting to me: http://blogs.ridemetro.org/blogs/write_on/...in-History.aspx

Maybe these quotes from WIG (the company who won the bid) will help settle the nerves of small businesses, especially Richmonds.

One factor that boosted its ranking: WGI said it would give early payments or loans to small and disadvantaged businesses to help get them established and up and running.

"That is a very important part of the value-added proposal. And they were the only ones that made such an offer like that," said Sedlak. "They said,

One of the latest blog entrys was interesting to me: http://blogs.ridemetro.org/blogs/write_on/...in-History.aspx

Maybe these quotes from WIG (the company who won the bid) will help settle the nerves of small businesses, especially Richmonds.

I read that to be the small businesses that will sub-contract work on the line. Maybe the Brass Maiden can work on some brass rails for the stations.

Newest blog title: Houston, City of the Future

Some interesting quotes:

"No city can be a great city without the presence of a great university." Those were the words of David Leebron...

I agree. And we need more artists/visionaries, which I think a great university will produce.

...Leebron, the seventh president of Rice University, pointed out examples of great cities with great universities, such as Paris, Munich, Rome, Shanghai.
And Houston? It has Rice University.

Of course it has a long way to go...but I think it would be wise to invest in UH as much as possible too.

Rice launched its Passport Program - and gave free METRO passes to all its students. They can now hop on the Red Line and get free admission to 16 local museums or the zoo. They've got easy, free access to the Theatre District where they can attend operas and symphony concerts.

Awesome idea I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't seem like many people follow METROS blog, but it's got some interesting stuff; things I thought people here would love to discuss. Especially one of the latest blogs on the future of cruide oil and what they call "peak oil." And especially b/c oil/energy is such a huge part of our city's life.

Here's the link to the one I'm talking about:

http://blogs.ridemetro.org/blogs/write_on/...l-Runs-Out.aspx

This is just one quote that kind of got me excited about public transit:

Whenever world oil production peaks, the price surges that result are going to shock our economy and way of life, even our food supply.

Transit and accessibility are going to become more important than ever. People who have been unaware of public transit, or even its detractors, are going to come to depend on it. And yet, transit agencies will compete with everyone else for fuel.

This is just one quote that kind of got me excited about public transit:

Whenever world oil production peaks, the price surges that result are going to shock our economy and way of life, even our food supply.

Transit and accessibility are going to become more important than ever. People who have been unaware of public transit, or even its detractors, are going to come to depend on it. And yet, transit agencies will compete with everyone else for fuel.

Talk about a scare tactic! But the when is far into the future. hopefully some other means of transportation will surface.

Doesn't seem like many people follow METROS blog, but it's got some interesting stuff; things I thought people here would love to discuss.

It doesn't seem authentic. It seems --and it is-- manufactured propaganda. People can recognize it.

I am not saying it's bad info, just not ... organic.

It doesn't seem authentic. It seems --and it is-- manufactured propaganda. People can recognize it.

I am not saying it's bad info, just not ... organic.

Of course it's not organic in the "blog" sense but it does contain verifiable info. Just because someone predictably labels everything that comes out of METRO a "scare tactic" does not make it so.

Of course it's not organic in the "blog" sense but it does contain verifiable info. Just because someone predictably labels everything that comes out of METRO a "scare tactic" does not make it so.

now THIS is the nmain i know..........welcome back.