Freebirds Burritos

I rank Freebirds below both Mission Burritos and Chipotle.

oh that's bad. i know i've said this before..not using a homemade tortilla ruins it. plus the tortilla should be grilled not warmed using one of those heated presses

Edited by musicman

oh that's bad. i know i've said this before..not using a homemade tortilla ruins it. plus the tortilla should be grilled not warmed using one of those heated presses

OK, Mama Musicman, but where can I get a homemade tortilla burrito without sitting down to order? ;)

Please no Taqueria Arandas suggestions either.....no bueno.

Did you get the runs too after eating there??? :lol: j/k

No, guess I got off easy. I only got very rude service and the food is not "gringo" enough for me I guess. At least Freebirds was friendly. A real Mexican would have a laugh at the offerings though I'm sure. My ex is from Mexico and, once when in Chipotle, told the person behind the counter, "what is this? It's not Mexican food!" Tact was never her strong point.

No, guess I got off easy. I only got very rude service and the food is not "gringo" enough for me I guess. At least Freebirds was friendly. A real Mexican would have a laugh at the offerings though I'm sure. My ex is from Mexico and, once when in Chipotle, told the person behind the counter, "what is this? It's not Mexican food!" Tact was never her strong point.

Right, we don't eat Mexican food, we eat Tex-Mex. And we love it!

Arandas is low grade dog food! I think it's a saftey in numbers thing to hide from La Migra.

Last time I was there I said hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it.

meetrdny.jpg

I rank Freebirds below both Mission Burritos and Chipotle. Wraps was my favorite in Meyerland but they've changed into a semi-middle eastern place.

I agree with you. I have never had Mission, but I certainly rank Freebirds below Chipotle (and not just because I own their stock)

... Freebirds just don't taste as good.

Also, and this is no disrespect, the Freebirds staff always look like these punked-out teenagers with bad hygeine habits. I am all for freedom of expression and would be the first to defend it, but I want my waitstaff to look clean.

Arandas is low grade dog food! I think it's a saftey in numbers thing to hide from La Migra.

Last time I was there I said hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it.

meetrdny.jpg

I've never eaten at Arandas and now fear I NEVER will ... you are not the first person to tell me their food is not for human consumption. I've heard it also from Mexican and Mexican Americans (and you know they must really know right?) that they do not eat there because the food is low-quality.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with you. I have never had Mission, but I certainly rank Freebirds below Chipotle (and not just because I own their stock)

... Freebirds just don't taste as good.

Also, and this is no disrespect, the Freebirds staff always look like these punked-out teenagers with bad hygeine habits. I am all for freedom of expression and would be the first to defend it, but I want my waitstaff to look clean.

I've never eaten at Arandas and now fear I NEVER will ... you are not the first person to tell me their food is not for human consumption. I've heard it also from Mexican and Mexican Americans (and you know they must really know right?) that they do not eat there because the food is low-quality.

Mission Burritos ROCKS!

White Boy Burrito Boutiques have their place.

It's called Aggy land.

Thats funny because thats exactly what it is! Have you been to Bryan-College Station and eaten at a Freebirds? You picked the saying that is perfect for what Freebirds is. Everyone that goes in there wears sandles, Aggie Moroon shirts (or a polo shirt with the collar up) and khaki shorts. It never changes. But I like it their. We have 4 locations in B-CS now.

I forgot to add all of the guys also try to have that 70s over grown hair, while the girls try to have that Paris Hilton look.