7911 Santa Elena

rps324

For all the mod folks, this is a good one. A very, very good one. Original but well maintained. Lots of great details, all the closets but one are cedar lined. Fantastic game room, multi-level main living area with cove lights (2 kinds, regular and pink neon - what can you say) The bubble lamp comes with the house. About 3400 sq ft for $295,000.

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0052-2.jpg

For all the mod folks, this is a good one. A very, very good one. Original but well maintained. Lots of great details, all the closets but one are cedar lined. Fantastic game room, multi-level main living area with cove lights (2 kinds, regular and pink neon - what can you say) The bubble lamp comes with the house. About 3400 sq ft for $295,000.

Why isn't it on HAR?

Wow! What a time capsule. It looks like a movie set!

This is another big Brady Bunch house. I hope you find the right people for it.

Jason

one of my favorite houses in glenbrook valley

it doesn't apprear to be on HAR yet, but i was a little surprised to see that 7838 santa elena is still on there...

I'm already lining people up for next week. There are so many neat things in it. Up in the game room there is a screen behind this wonderful retro pattern curtain and the projector goes in a hidden compartment behind a picture on a hinge. All the retro furniture in the game room is original to the house and came with it when the current owners bought it. One odd thing is all the closets are cedar lined, all of them, except the master bedroom. The dressing table in the master has the original boom-a-rang patterned formica and the "waterfall" style drawers built in to the walls. The kitchen cabinets are suspended and it has the original thermador ovens. The front door has that great starburst plate thing. It is just a really cool house.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if the e-mail went out to everyone on Houston Mod's email list yet or not, but this one will be open this Sunday as the mod of the month. 2 to 4. I am also having the Colgate one open at the same time, along with one on Glencrest and another house on Glenloch. I know another agent is having her listing at 8219 Glencrest open at the same time, and there may be another one or two open.

If you have never been in the hood, this is a good opportunity to get a sort of mini-home tour.

Thanks for having the open houses on tour today rps. We loved it. I loved seeing your home and the Colgate house. Great day. I know I must have been passing other haifers there since the crowds were quite large.

Too bad we can't seem to get the mod next to me to shape up and participate. :)

Thanks for having the open houses on tour today rps. We loved it. I loved seeing your home and the Colgate house. Great day. I know I must have been passing other haifers there since the crowds were quite large.

Too bad we can't seem to get the mod next to me to shape up and participate. :)

Oh I know. That one wouldn't be so bad if it was vacant. A moving van would solve a lot of the presentation issues with that house. The potential is there, but it needs a ton of love. Sometimes, as I know first hand, you just can't get sellers to do what they need to do no matter how many times you tell them.

I was kind of surprised at the volume of turn out today. I was in the Colgate house and I think there were at least 50 or 60 people that went through.

I was kind of surprised at the volume of turn out today. I was in the Colgate house and I think there were at least 50 or 60 people that went through.

I went as well....luckily the weather was great! The house on Santa Elena was amazing because it was so original. I liked your kitchen update. Any homeowner would beg to have that laundry room. The Colgate house needs a LOT of work. I think that HUGE den only had 4 plugs!

Those fiberglass shells are pretty easy to come by. The stools though are probably going to be a lot harder to find.

For our breakfast table chairs, we were able to get original Herman Miller shells from Travis at Metro Modern on Milam. Then we went through Ebay to find knock off Eiffel Tower bases.

We were also glad to see a lot of people. Lots of familiar and friendly faces were there!

Jason

Do they still make those type of chairs or is it a garage sale type of find?

• 1 month later...

They are doing the estate sale on this one on the 10th, 9 to 4. The game room section will be closed off as those items are not included in the estate sale, but the rest of the house will be open.

Archived