The MTV "Real World" Cast Member from Houston

mrfootball

Interesting, there's a current "Real World" castmember from Houston who graduated from my old High School alma mater (Westfield).

116500015931.jpg

Alex Smith

This guy is a pimp, too bad he is building his "player" reputation on TV for all too see, no wedding bells ever for this guy.

They all get to live in a completely pimped out place with no trendy detail overlooked. In the middle of the best, most fun location of whatever town they go to. Their room mates are all pretty and interesting people. they pay no rent but sometimes have an interesting job handed to them as a group.

Mom & Dad used to tell me when I was a kid, "wait until you get out in the real world!" Somehow, my real world was never quite like that... B)

Then for the next 4-5 years get to re-unite with fellow MTV reality show personalities for a few weeks each year to relive the debauchery.

And get prize money. . .no fair.

It is like a short mini celebrity career.

And other than Beth, it is rare they keep you on those challenges in your old age.

I miss the whole Emily versus Veronica fights, damn you Emily for skiping out of the challenges.

It's sad that I'm in the same generation as these Real World cast members who don't represent my entire age group, just a certain subculture of it. There really are a lot of people my age that act, think, and talk like those on the show. It doesn't look good for the future of America. Your attitudes about life, yourself, and your country, are cemented in young adulthood.

It's sad that I'm in the same generation as these Real World cast members who don't represent my entire age group, just a certain subculture of it. There really are a lot of people my age that act, think, and talk like those on the show. It doesn't look good for the future of America. Your attitudes about life, yourself, and your country, are cemented in young adulthood.

about how old are most of the cast members?

about how old are most of the cast members?

They have to be 25 or younger to be on the initial show, and thereafter, the challenges usually stay below 30 with a few veterans above 30 allowed to continue, as in the case of Beth.

In the Philly Real World, the gay black guy was from Houston.

And boy was he a mess. I have never seen someone so cruel.

He was such a jerk to the guy he dated on that show. He just was not man enough to break up with him and pretended to be sleep/tired, only to later sneak out with his other roommates and gets caught.

They have to be 25 or younger to be on the initial show, and thereafter, the challenges usually stay below 30 with a few veterans above 30 allowed to continue, as in the case of Beth.

honestly, i haven't seen the real world since the first part of the london season...!

And boy was he a mess. I have never seen someone so cruel.

He was such a jerk to the guy he dated on that show. He just was not man enough to break up with him and pretended to be sleep/tired, only to later sneak out with his other roommates and gets caught.

You realize the show is scripted, right? If it weren't, there would be no conflict, but the way the cast members talk to each other is typical of my generation these days. They just spew garbage the entire show. Not one person says anything productive, insightful, meaningful, or positive/sincere.

I haven't seen a "Real World" episode since the LA show in the 2nd year. I've always thought it would be really fun and make for GREAT TV if they got a typical cast together that thought they were going to some cool loft in some hip city somewhere and the did this...

Drop them off at a mobile home park outside of Fargo, North Dakota in the winter. Give them each about $250 and tell them they are on their own. I'd like to see these types get a job at a Piggly Wiggly or CVS or gas station since they all lack skills and common sense.

I'd watch that.

I watched the first couple seasons, but then have only occasionally checked in for a few minutes once in a while since then. But I caught part of an episode a couple weeks ago. It was like 6 sluts (male and female) who started going at from the start of the episode. And the ads for the upcoming episodes all showed various guys and girls on the cast necking, and girls with girls necking, and boys and boys necking, and maybe there will be sheep as well for all we know. In the old days, it was naieve young kids babbling and whining. Apparently they've tweaked their approach since then. Since MTV is the unofficial "gay network", it doesn't surprise me. My guess is that when a person auditions for the show, they have to commit to sleeping with at least 1 other cast member.

Archived