Fortune Magazine

houstonfella

link?
\I subscribe to the magazine so that's where I read the article. Pretty Cool tho.

It is FORTUNE and the front page reads "In Search of Billions" and underneath all that it says "QUEER INC. Gays in Corporate America page 94) and that's where I read about all this coolness in America. Yeah, it happens in Texas too.... even at my place of employment. :o

the homosexual agenda

yawn

Could you email me a copy of the homosexual agenda? The only one I've seen is the one that talks about heterosexuals having special rights vs. homosexuals with only second class rights. I'm sure there's a copy you guys are just hiding from us?

here's the article:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/for...95465/index.htm

Last June the gay rights movement quietly achieved a milestone: For the first time, more than half of Fortune 500 companies - 263, to be precise - offered health benefits for domestic partners, according to the Human Rights Campaign. Ten years ago only 28 did.

Along with health benefits for their families, many workers also get bereavement leave when their same-sex partner dies, adoption assistance or paid leave if they have children and relocation assistance for their partners if they are transferred. Put another way, gay marriage - an idea that has been banned by all but one of 27 states that have voted on it - has become a fact of life inside many big companies.

and peter labarbera bitches about the "agenda" too:
When Walgreens, Kraft and Harris Bank signed up to sponsor the 2006 Gay Games, a weeklong festival in Chicago that attracted 11,000 athletes, conservative Christian groups attacked.

Peter LaBarbera, the president of Americans for Truth, which calls itself the only national organization devoted exclusively to exposing and countering the homosexual activist agenda, wrote to Walgreens: "Make no mistake: The 'Gay Games' was conceived as a way to build acceptance for homosexuality in the name of sport - a perversion of the athletic ideal."

:rolleyes:

Interesting article -- but not really news to me. But I'm sure for those who aren't as informed about such matters as domestic partner benefits and employee networking groups for gay and lesbian professionals it's very informative.

I do consider myself fortunate to work for one of those 263 Fortune 500 companies that offer equal benefits to employees with same-sex partners, and provide an organizational atmosphere where I don't feel like I have to hide certain aspects of my personal life or my career will suffer. In fact, out of 33 people in my practice area, 5 are gay or lesbian, including one of our team managers.

and peter labarbera bitches about the "agenda" too:

:rolleyes:

I wonder if labarbera and coog delicate flower when their spouses get their SS or veterans benefits upon death while I and my partner don't. It seems like they want to delicate flower and moan about a "gay agenda" that clearly isn't working for the benefit of gays.

Of course I'm assuming coog is heterosexual...with special rights?

Archived