Testing out the new camera: A couple of Houston photos.

WesternGulf

I'm a cheerleader for the Panasonic Lumix. Takes a pretty good picture for the price. Tax included about $360.

309658236_fd5b24ae3a_o.jpg

309667200_49717ca91b_o.jpg

ank9.jpg

I had some problems with compression on these last two, so they coiuld probably be a little better I suppose. Especially the last one. I'll try to work on them tonight and show the results.

302570511_d53d518c47_o.jpg

302537369_bb19b88fae_o.jpg

Edited by WesternGulf

Those are pretty damn good.

Mind giving some photography tips to the rest of us ?

For that first photo... did you do anything special besides set the exposure to a longer time ?

Do you also adjust ths ISO settings on night shots such as this to get this effect ?

Also, the thrid photo.. I assume you did the same thing, set the exposure to a longer time to create the, i don't know the term, ghosts... but the headlight ghosts are in front of the car.... so how did you do that.... wouldn't the solid image be at the end of the exposure. Was the car driving backwards ?

And what did you do to get that color and definition in the final photo ?

Great photos...Clue us in man......

Thanks guys. Its a Panasonic DMC FZ7.

Jeebus, yes it does come with optical image stabilization, but i do not even know if I am using it. I did use a tripod for the first three shots though.

H6, I did set the exposure to the maximum that I was able to set it, but I did have the ISO on Auto. To be honest, I do not know how those headlights came out that way. In the last photo, I used the optical zoom to the max. It has 12X optical and 16.5 optical if you make the settings for the pictures smaller, but the quality will not be as high I am assuming. I haven't tried 16 yet. I also used 12X on the first photo.

Here is the original:

309667196_39633d4bf6_o.jpg

Thanks guys. Its a Panasonic DMC FZ7.

Jeebus, yes it does come with optical image stabilization, but i do not even know if I am using it. I did use a tripod for the first three shots though.

I use a tripod too, it is amazing no matter how hard you try to keep you hands stable, it will never come out as good as the tripod.

Here is a great alternative for the photographer on the go.

I use a tripod too, it is amazing no matter how hard you try to keep you hands stable, it will never come out as good as the tripod.

I actually have something similar but I cannot say that it can wrap around poles and trees. Still need a full size tripod though, although I am not the guy to be handling one of those things everywhere I go.

I actually have something similar but I cannot say that it can wrap around poles and trees. Still need a full size tripod though, although I am not the guy to be handling one of those things everywhere I go.

Well this one was $50, is the one you have more affordable? :mellow:

for tripods, i have been happy with bogen/manfrotto

not too fancy, and has been quite sturdy and reliable. they don't make what i have anymore, but it is something along these lines:

body

head

they seem to be more expensive than i remember, but i doubt i'll need a replacement any time soon

that is the strangest thing ever! :D

they seem to be more expensive than i remember, but i doubt i'll need a replacement any time soon

that is the strangest thing ever! :D

Those are definately high end sevfiv.

At night, I have used a tripod to take photos with a slow shutter speed, and ironically, I will ALWAYS get the "shaking hand" icon.

You can not get anymore stiller, (is that a word?) that placing a camera on a tripod and leaving it alone.

Sometime I questioned that it might just be my finger clicking on the button to take the photo, so I put the timer one, but I still get the same warning.

This is using my Sony DSC-V3.

Those are definately high end sevfiv.

At night, I have used a tripod to take photos with a slow shutter speed, and ironically, I will ALWAYS get the "shaking hand" icon.

You can not get anymore stiller, (is that a word?) that placing a camera on a tripod and leaving it alone.

Sometime I questioned that it might just be my finger clicking on the button to take the photo, so I put the timer one, but I still get the same warning.

This is using my Sony DSC-V3.

well, perhaps, but i have had tripods fall to pieces on me

i have had shaky tripod problems occasionally - does your camera support a mechanical cable release so you don't have to press the shutter button? (i guess the timer takes care of that, though :unsure:)

might be due to air movement or bad ISO settings, too

Edited by sevfiv