Michael Richards flips in standup stunner, apologizes on 'Letterman'

houstonmacbro

Does anyone else find it a tad ironic that Richards apologized to the Black community for his racist remarks by going on the radio show of Jesse Jackson, himself a renowned racist?

Haven't you heard? Only white people are racists.

Duh.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo, check it. This is the Today Show interview of the Brothas in da crowd, yo...

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/3641

The news said Richards is reaching out to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Were they anywhere NEAR that comedy club when Richards made those comments? The two dudes in the interview look, like, 25-30 years old, yo. I'm black, but I ain't got Sharpton or Jackson's number on my speed-dial, yo. Was Kramer like "yo black peeps, take me to your leader. Perhaps the Man can solve this"?

A lot of people say things like "black people are allowed to be racist but whites are not." Well, us BlacCs are always criticized more and have had things done to us. Emmet Till for example:

EmmettTilllg.jpg

Picture%20of%20Emmett%20Till.jpg

That is all I have to say.

Now check dis out...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/ce...es/4362569.html

Jesse Jackson wants 2 use this tirade to try to keep the n-word out of the entertainment industry. He's also asking for a boycott of the Seinfeld Season 7 box set released earlier this week (though I'm not sure what Jerry's done wrong. I see now why Kramer wanted to apologize for Jackson first though. Money)

A quote from the article...

At the press conference, comedian Paul Mooney said he has used the "n-word" numerous times during stand-up performances but will no longer do so after watching Richards' rant.

"He's my Dr. Phil," the black comedian said. "He's cured me."

Remember "Ask a Black Dude" from Chappelle? :lol::lol::lol:

Jesse Jackson wants 2 use this tirade to try to keep the n-word out of the entertainment industry.

Where does Jackson stand on blacks calling each other "ni**er"?

Personally, I'm just as offended when another gay calls me "faggot."

after all, both derogatorys only illustrate the classlessness of the user.

Has he apologized to the audience members that he offended face to face? the answer is no. that's because he is a chump, the only reason he got on Seinfeld is because he looks like a goofball.

But we don't call each other ______s. When I am talking to one of my black friends, I take that -er out and put an -a.

What's the difference when the latter is derived from the former? I've heard blacks use both forms-it remains tasteless regardless-and common.

You don't come off as being common, Trae. ^_^

Well, I have heard some it said both ways by us blacks, but when I use the -er form, it is when I am joking around with someone. Long story, you wouldn't understand. The way some people here at Cinco talk makes me laugh.

Where does Jackson stand on blacks calling each other "ni**er"?

That's what he's referring to. Particularly the use of the n-word in music. I think he's addressing the use of it in our pop-culture. I just don't understand why now. Jackson wouldn't have said that if Kramer didn't go awol on the brain, u know. Perhaps he's trying to take advantage of a media moment and make something out of it. As if the Kramergate incident is gonna be seen as something positive. That's all just a media circus to me at this point. Let us internet fans just laugh at Kramergate in peace, yo.

But we don't call each other ______s. When I am talking to one of my black friends, I take that -er out and put an -a.

Actually, I hear the n***a word more here in Asia than in H-town, ain't that jacked up?! :lol: Everytime I walk to the clubs here, a few Korean friends all thugged out will just start spillin' ebonics like crazy. They've studied the slang-dictonary, yo. They'll be like "Sup my nikka; me and me boize be rollin' on dubs like my nikka 2Pac and Biggie role up in da ghetto in da sky! West Coast nikka" etc. Not making this up.

I always ask, "yo, do you know what that word means?" And the only response I get is "it meanz you my nikka, nikka!" WTF???

I truly do think that pop-culture and music are the main reason why so many people say versions of the n- word like it's no big deal. People hear it, think it's trendy, and are like "hey, that's cool." That Kramer incident though had nothing to do with saying the n-word as a pop-culture thing. He was deliberately trying to provoke and offend the brothas in the crowd by calling them that in a racist manner. There's a difference between the two subjects, and it's kinda cute to see these civil rights dudes and congress people mix them up as if hip-hop made Kramer say that :unsure:

Well, you know how we cracker-ass crackers do things ? We will just start saying "Honky" to one another at the drop of a grilled cheese sandwich. It has always been like that since George Jefferson showed us the way, he truly was the black Archie Bunker of his day, he was quite the entertainer. You non-crackers just do not understand how hard it is to be a God fearing, six figure income job having, driving a BMW to Rice Epicurian for groceries after having just dropped the kids off at The Kinkaid School, whiteman in today's society. Oh, the horror.

My question would be not if "Kramer" is gonna apologize to the "victims"? But, after he does apologize, will the "victims" in turn, apologize for their racial slurs also ? Highly doubtful, and it won't be expected of them either, but that doesn't wash away all the times ,I am 100% positive, they have used racial slurs towards other people in the past, and Michael's apology won't erase all his past "sins" either.

I will apologize here and now for all the times I have used racial slurs in the past, I most likely will use them again in the future, and I don't want nor do I need forgiveness, but I won't lie and tell you good people that I haven't used them. I will say a racial slur about someone who is acting in the manner in which the term is used by definition, to myself, to my friends, and I would even go so far as to say it to the person acting in such a manner if the opportunity unfolded in such a way. I could very well use the term "idiot", "moron" or some other derogatory, but nothing has quite the sting of a racial slur, when it is used to describe a certain persons behavior. I don't consider myself a racist, I hate all races equally when it comes to someone or some group acting like a complete jackass or asses. I don't think ALL Black people are "N-Words" I don't think all Mexicans are "Sp**s", I don't think all Caucasians are "Crac***s", but each group has their fair share, and they need to be pointed out sometimes, so they know that they need to change their attitudes, and the way they conduct themselves and their treatment of others.

Now, let the flaming begin.

My question would be not if "Kramer" is gonna apologize to the "victims"? But, after he does apologize, will the "victims" in turn, apologize for their racial slurs also ? Highly doubtful, and it won't be expected of them either, but that doesn't wash away all the times ,I am 100% positive, they have used racial slurs towards other people in the past, and Michael's apology won't erase all his past "sins" either.

It looked in that tape as if racial slurs wouldn't have started up from the audience if Kramer didn't start dissing the audience first. I HATE racial slurs and such. If I were in the audience, I would have heckled him back hardcore (without going racial, but I probably still would have been inappropriate and dissed him for that rant. Probably would have made fun of his career like that one dude did.)

There's a few things wrong from that situation still:

1) Michael Richards has probably been a stand-up comedian for a long time, right? If so, was this REALLY the first time a group of people walked in during his performance?

2) If he were REALLY sorry, why would he wait until Letterman to apologize publicly instead of just apologizing that night on the microphone while the audience was leaving? He just kept going, then he walked off. Then he had to wait until after the night was over to realize how his racial slur rant could be to his career?

3) Would he still have made a public apology the way he did if that dude didn't tape the incident on his phone?

It sounds to me like Richards is only going through his actions now to save revenue for that DVD release and prevent a boycott. It also sounds like Jesse Jackson's trying to take as much advantage of this situation as he can. It shouldn't have anything to do with him; it should be resolved face-to-face between Kramer and the guys he was personally targeting (and according to the Today Show, they gave him a chance to meet and apologize to them, but he declined.)

Archived