MLK's dream returns to National Mall

MLK's dream returns to National Mall

Presidents, civil rights icons, celebrities and ordinary citizens gathered today on the National Mall, where construction is getting under way for a $100 milllion monument honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The monument will be built on a four-acre site near the Lincoln Memorial, where King delivered his famous "I Have a Dream " speech in 1963.

FULL STORY

this has been a long time in coming and glad to see it finally, physically, getting underway!

Presidents, civil rights icons, celebrities

MLK would crack some heads if he could see today's BLING! I really doubt this was his vision for African Americans.

Did anyone hear Jesse Jackson's speach yesterday? It made me want to vomit!

"In a land of increasing poverty" as he and Al dash and dine at Pappa's Steak House.

Sad.

• 2 weeks later...
MLK would crack some heads if he could see today's BLING! I really doubt this was his vision for African Americans.
I agree, Coog. I doubt King's methods and message would go over today. He would probably be respected, but, much like Bill Cosby, people would tend to listen more to those like Jackson who want to blame others rather than being told to quit blaming others and do it themselves.

There is real poverty in the US today, and Poverty knows no color lines. But I think there is a tendency to call it poverty when the "haves" are eating filet mignon, and all the impoverished can afford is hamburger or pork chops.