Artique At 1024 Studewood St.

escapee

That's a tough area to sell for straight residential because the street is so busy. You definitely have an advantage over most if there is commercial space, especially now that the road is finished. The range of buyers is more specific though, so it may be on the market a little longer to find that one special person. It will be all about marketing that property right.

I'd check the tax records for your street to see if there have been any credits given for 2005 or 2006.

Edited by Parrothead

• 4 months later...

We are trying to sell our commercial/residential property at 1024 Studewood. The neighbors to the south have a mess on their driveway and junk piled in the back yard. "Stuff" piled knee to waist high. There have to be rats and who-knows-what-else back there. I called the city 2 months ago and reported it, but we came into town last weekend, and the mess is still there. It's a rental property and the landlord doesn't give a fat rat's wisker. Used to be, when we had the Heights substation, the officers came out and ticketed people for junk cars and such.

We really want to sell the place, we are even using a Realtor, but I need advice on how to make the ajoining property less ugly. Any ideas?

It would be great for a cottage industry business/home. Even has a warehouse in back.

Any advice is welcome.

We are trying to sell our commercial/residential property at 1024 Studewood. The neighbors to the south have a mess on their driveway and junk piled in the back yard. "Stuff" piled knee to waist high. There have to be rats and who-knows-what-else back there. I called the city 2 months ago and reported it, but we came into town last weekend, and the mess is still there. It's a rental property and the landlord doesn't give a fat rat's wisker. Used to be, when we had the Heights substation, the officers came out and ticketed people for junk cars and such.

We really want to sell the place, we are even using a Realtor, but I need advice on how to make the ajoining property less ugly. Any ideas?

It would be great for a cottage industry business/home. Even has a warehouse in back.

Any advice is welcome.

Aren't you the same guy with the noise issues?

I feel for you.

Just call the neighborhood association. Hopefully you have guidelines they have to adhere to.

Edited by Pumapayam

Any advice is welcome.

find out who your neighborhood protection officer is. tell them that you've seen rats and that they are coming to your property. if the stuff is piled on the ground, that is also illegal. i believe you can report the rats to the health dept as well. they may be more effective.

Aren't you the same guy with the noise issues?

I feel for you.

Just call the neighborhood association. Hopefully you have guidelines they have to adhere to.

Well...........I'm a "gal," and I haven't written in about any noise. We've been out of Houston for 2.5 years now.

Thanks for the advice. Those two rats I saw were pretty darn big, alright!

Well...........I'm a "gal," and I haven't written in about any noise. We've been out of Houston for 2.5 years now.

Thanks for the advice. Those two rats I saw were pretty darn big, alright!

A call into your councilman's office can't hurt, either.

One of our friends came shrieking into the house one night yelling about a "rat", and I ran outside to find a possum.

Fence, big fence.

There is a regular cyclone fence there, but it certainly doesn't hide anything. These people have "tent" sales on their driveway pretty often and throw the no-sale broken crap in the back. Clothes, riding toys, dishes, you name it. I don't know what's happening with them, but the place is filthy, much worse than it used to be.

It's so frustrating being 4 hours away and not able to take care of things firsthand. The Realtor says it's being show twice later this week. I'm hoping the prospective buyers can see the potential beyond next door.

That area is very up-and-coming. The Glass Wall, 11th St Cafe, and I heard a rumor that Walgreen's is thinking about building on the corner of 11th and Studewood. And perhaps Landry's will do something with the Someburger property. Anybody heard anything new?

That area is very up-and-coming. The Glass Wall, 11th St Cafe, and I heard a rumor that Walgreen's is thinking about building on the corner of 11th and Studewood. And perhaps Landry's will do something with the Someburger property. Anybody heard anything new?

that corner is getting crowded as it is. if landry's does something that would really be a negative.

• The title was changed to 1024 Studewood St.
  • The title was changed to Artique At 1024 Studewood St.