Hooters In Katy

FalconRanch

Hooters seems to be more like a "destination" for most folks unlike other restaruants say in a "resturaunt row". I know when I've gone I'm usually meeting a group a friends for happy hour or to watch a game. Being right on I-10 it is in a very visible spot and will probably get a lot of drive-by stops also for people coming through town. Just my opinion.

I would agree with you. However it seems that they could have picked a little more aesthetically pleasing property, especially with all of the available land. It just seems like a strange location.

Who knows, maybe it will help to revitalize the 99 to Mason strip.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry, but if i have a hankering for really good buffalo shrimp and a cheap pitcher of beer, i'm going to hooter's regardless of whether it's aesthetically pleasing or not. i'm sure my sixteen year old will second that opinion. don't get me wrong, hooter's is what it is.

sorry, but if i have a hankering for really good buffalo shrimp and a cheap pitcher of beer, i'm going to hooter's regardless of whether it's aesthetically pleasing or not. i'm sure my sixteen year old will second that opinion. don't get me wrong, hooter's is what it is.

I'm not arguing going to Hooters, I simply think it's a strange location.

I would agree with you. However it seems that they could have picked a little more aesthetically pleasing property, especially with all of the available land. It just seems like a strange location.

Who knows, maybe it will help to revitalize the 99 to Mason strip.

I agree, they must have gotten the land on the cheap is all I can figure. I am of the school of thought, that LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION, helps sells restaurants. maybe it is an experiment to prove that it doesn't matter WHERE you plop a hooter's down, "if you build it, they will come."

I agree, they must have gotten the land on the cheap is all I can figure. I am of the school of thought, that LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION, helps sells restaurants. maybe it is an experiment to prove that it doesn't matter WHERE you plop a hooter's down, "if you build it, they will come."

Not to get off topic, but have you ever been into the Taqueria that's in front of the new hotel? Can't remember the name of it but the hotel is the one that burnt to the ground last year.

I stay as far away from Taqueria Aranda's as I can. Nothing like a nice bout of Montezuma's revenge from one of those joints to make you think twice. THe hotel is now a La Quinta, I think it was La QUinta at that time also. It almost burned down my buddy's automotive shops next door.

I stay as far away from Taqueria Aranda's as I can. Nothing like a nice bout of Montezuma's revenge from one of those joints to make you think twice. THe hotel is now a La Quinta, I think it was La QUinta at that time also. It almost burned down my buddy's automotive shops next door.

Yeah I was wondering how the place stays in business. It's got to have a decent overhead simply because of it's size.

Not to repeat myself, but I'm surprised that the La Quinta rebuilt with that dump as it's food anchor.

You got diarrhea from aranda's before? I ate there before and nothing happened,

yet

The motel that burned down on the I 10 feeder was a Best Western. The rumor is that the fire was intentionally set because the place was filled with non- paying Katrina evacuees. I have no way of knowing if that is true or false. I do know that there were lots of evacuees staying there at the time of the fire.

The motel that burned down on the I 10 feeder was a Best Western. The rumor is that the fire was intentionally set because the place was filled with non- paying Katrina evacuees. I have no way of knowing if that is true or false. I do know that there were lots of evacuees staying there at the time of the fire.

Well, I don't think it was intentionally set, but it WAS set by a Katrina victim. So, whether it was intentional remains to be seen. I got a picture around somewhere of my buddy, who owns the property with the autoshops next door, trying to help the firefighters put out the blaze, and then the Captain finally noticed some civilian holding a line, and asked "Who the "F" are you ? Get the "F" away from the area, NOW!"

There's nothing classier than seeing a man bring his wife and two small children to a Hooters, and then watching him attempt to secretly check-out the waitresses.

He's a real man of genius.

Lots of "local yokel" mentality going on here. Hooters is very much a family place these days.

Lots of "local yokel" mentality going on here. Hooters is very much a family place these days.

Great Googely Moogely ! I guess you would hang a Hooter's calender in your kitchen for the family to write important dates on ? Let's keep it real shall we ?

....And I'm not talking about THIS Hooter's calender either ! ! !

2003HOOTERSCalendar.jpg

I am referring to THIS Hooter's calender.

http://www.hooterscalendar.com/

from the Hooter's web site:

The element of female sex appeal is prevalent in the restaurants, and the company believes the Hooters Girl is as socially acceptable as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, or a Radio City Rockette. The Hooters system employs over 25,000 people - over 15,000 of which are Hooters Girls. The "nearly world famous" Hooters Girls are the cornerstone of the Hooters concept, and as part of their job, these all-American cheerleaders make promotional and charitable appearances in their respective communities. Hooters hires women who best fit the image of a Hooters Girl to work in this capacity. The chain hires both males and females to work in management and host, staff, service bar, and kitchen positions. The Hooters Girl uniform consists of orange shorts and a white tank top, short-sleeve or long-sleeve T-shirt. Pantyhose and bras are required.

Claims that Hooters exploits attractive women are as ridiculous as saying the NFL exploits men who are big and fast. Hooters Girls have the same right to use their natural female sex appeal to earn a living as do super models Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell. To Hooters, the women's rights movement is important because it guarantees women have the right to choose their own careers, be it a Supreme Court Justice or Hooters Girl.

Women occupy management positions all the way from Assistant Manager to Vice President of Training and Development, Kat Cole, who started her career at Hooters as a Hooters Girl.

The chain acknowledges that many consider "Hooters" a slang term for a portion of the female anatomy. Hooters does have an owl inside its logo and uses an owl theme sufficiently to allow debate to occur over the meaning's intent. The chain enjoys and benefits from this debate. In the end, we hope Hooters means a great place to eat.

the funniest thing i have heard, though, is when a friend said she saw the sign of the Hooter's on 59/Kirby at night with certain letter burned out,

spelling H _ O _ _ _'S

Great Googely Moogely ! I guess you would hang a Hooter's calender in your kitchen for the family to write important dates on ? Let's keep it real shall we ?

....And I'm not talking about THIS Hooter's calender either ! ! !

2003HOOTERSCalendar.jpg

I am referring to THIS Hooter's calender.

http://www.hooterscalendar.com/

Women in bikinis, shame, shame! Do you think Hooter's children's menus are for lil bity men?? lol Seriously, our real estate office use to lunch at Hooters every Friday, 17 women and 5 men. We never considered the girls as anything other than young ladies working for a living. Of course, we were not looking at it from a young man's perspective. When you live in southern California, these outfits are really tame and I'm not kidding. It's all in what you get used to. I think Texas has a way to go in this area.

Women in bikinis, shame, shame! Do you think Hooter's children's menus are for lil bity men?? lol Seriously, our real estate office use to lunch at Hooters every Friday, 17 women and 5 men. We never considered the girls as anything other than young ladies working for a living. Of course, we were not looking at it from a young man's perspective. When you live in southern California, these outfits are really tame and I'm not kidding. It's all in what you get used to. I think Texas has a way to go in this area.

I lived in So Cal for years, and while it's more risque than Texas, going to Hooters for a man was not for the wings.

Wake up. :D

I lived in So Cal for years, and while it's more risque than Texas, going to Hooters for a man was not for the wings.

Wake up. :D

Well, gosh Gary, guess I'm taking all the fun out of it. I really and truly hope that something exciting and spicy comes to town for you guys. I would agree with men enjoying something like a Playboy Club, but I think they went away. :(

Well, gosh Gary, guess I'm taking all the fun out of it. I really and truly hope that something exciting and spicy comes to town for you guys. I would agree with men enjoying something like a Playboy Club, but I think they went away. :(

I got all the spice I need at home, YOWZA!

I just wouldn't take my wife and 2 daughters to Hooter's OR the Tilted Kilt. Would you bring your own salad and breadsticks to Olive Garden?

Plenty of Gentlemen's Clubs to go around in this city, and make no mistake, Hooter's is a Gentlemen's Club with clothing. What I am saying is that if some Red-Blooded American male wants his WIFE to try the Hotwings, because he thinks that is what they are famous for, then get an order to go and take it home to her. Then if your wife let's you take your boys out of the freezer, come on back and have a beer with us.

I got all the spice I need at home, YOWZA!

I just wouldn't take my wife and 2 daughters to Hooter's OR the Tilted Kilt. Would you bring your own salad and breadsticks to Olive Garden?

Plenty of Gentlemen's Clubs to go around in this city, and make no mistake, Hooter's is a Gentlemen's Club with clothing. What I am saying is that if some Red-Blooded American male wants his WIFE to try the Hotwings, because he thinks that is what they are famous for, then get an order to go and take it home to her. Then if your wife let's you take your boys out of the freezer, come on back and have a beer with us.

I know, I'm just teasing you guys, and I'm sorry but you all make it so easy! The truth of the matter is, we always received great service at Hooters and they girls were very pretty. I have no doubt that you will enjoy the experience.

WITW!

1987_07.jpg

Look at Hooters stealing this girl childhood experience, let kids be kids and quit trying to mold them into the likeness of Britney Spears. The parents should be ashamed of them selves too.

I know, I'm just teasing you guys, and I'm sorry but you all make it so easy! The truth of the matter is, we always received great service at Hooters and they girls were very pretty. I have no doubt that you will enjoy the experience.

I have enjoyed the expereince of Hooter's SEVERAL times. I just don't take the wife, because I am sure she would not share the similar experience, you big tease. Why would I take sand to the beach ?

Look at Hooters stealing this girl childhood experience, let kids be kids and quit trying to mold them into the likeness of Britney Spears. The parents should be ashamed of them selves too.
Amen!
I have enjoyed the expereince of Hooter's SEVERAL times. I just don't take the wife, because I am sure she would not share the similar experience, you big tease. Why would I take sand to the beach ?
If I go, which is not often, I don't tell the wife. >:) I'm kidding honey. :unsure:

Me and a friend went to the one on I 45 & 1960 earlier, It's been awhile since I been there, but I did notice alot of couples in there. but the scenery was A OK ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My sentiments exactly.

Archived