Hooters In Katy

FalconRanch

I was searching jobs on Monster.com and came across this:

Hooters_logo.jpg

Restaurant Managers Wanted - New Stores Opening in Katy and Pasadena

NEW STORES OPENING IN 2007 IN PASADENA, KATY AND GALVESTON!

We started in 1989 in Dallas West End and now own and operate 40 Hooters locations in the state. Our restaurants are located in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Denton, Houston, Austin, Amarillo, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, El Paso, McAllen, Lubbock, Odessa, Kileen, Waco and San Antonio. Also look for Beaumont coming soon.

We are looking for creative, driven and forward thinking managers who have a minimum of 2 years

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes but you could never survive the lawsuits!

Can you spell sexual harassment?

And besides that, the wife will have your balls in a mason jar labeled " Do not open until hell freezes over"!!!

Believe it or not, my wife actually wanted to do this also.So, no worries there, but You can't own your own Hooter's though. You have to go into business with them, where you are forced to buy what and where they tell you. Ed McCool is the only person in Houston, that actually owns his OWN Hooter's, the rest are company owned. He has the one on Gessner and Westheimer. Super good guy, known him for about 10+ years. He GM'd for them forever, and they rewarded him.

I'd hire Red to handle the SH.

edit: OH, and I couldn't quite come up with the $500k in the bank to show I was worthy. I was only about $499k shy. Those Bastards !

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Believe it or not, my wife actually wanted to do this also.So, no worries there, but You can't own your own Hooter's though. You have to go into business with them, where you are forced to buy what and where they tell you. Ed McCool is the only person in Houston, that actually owns his OWN Hooter's, the rest are company owned. He has the one on Gessner and Westheimer. Super good guy, known him for about 10+ years. He GM'd for them forever, and they rewarded him.

I'd hire Red to handle the SH.

edit: OH, and I couldn't quite come up with the $500k in the bank to show I was worthy. I was only about $499k shy. Those Bastards !

Why don't you start your own place similar to Hooters? It seems like they have been surviving w/o any competition. Why not open a restaurant similar to theirs? Hey, you probably won't need $500k to start one on your own. :)

Work on the new Hooters has begun, at the corner of Buckeye and I - 10 feeder road, next to Wild West Honda.

Erick,

The location is great, how do you know that the area is for the Hooters, are their signs up or have you seen some type of proposal/contract? Just curious because i'm all for a hooters in katy.

Why don't you start your own place similar to Hooters? It seems like they have been surviving w/o any competition. Why not open a restaurant similar to theirs? Hey, you probably won't need $500k to start one on your own. :)

You are right Sifu, starting my own joint would only cost about $250k to $300k. Could I get a loan at Bank of Sifu ? There is a place on Hwy.6 called Wing Stadium. They are seriously hurting, the only place that I think gives Hooter's any competition is BW3's and they don't even have calender girls, and these days , not even most Hooter's around here have calender girls either.

I don't know. This location seems rather odd to me, the only advantage I see is that they could have some promotions in conjunction with Wild West Honda. I would have bought a pad site at the Katy Mills Mall. Guaranteed traffic. However, I don't doubt that the powers that be actually did look into KMM, but knowing the folks that run KMM, they probably expected an arm and a leg for lease property, knowing full well how much business a Hooter's will generate out here. Bit of advice for KMM, "Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered."

Erick,

The location is great, how do you know that the area is for the Hooters, are their signs up or have you seen some type of proposal/contract? Just curious because i'm all for a hooters in katy.

Because I know the guy who sold the lot to them.

A pad at Katy Mills would have been so much better. Even one in that Westgate Shopping Center would have been better.

I sort of agree, however, when they ever finish the mall across the freeway near the Cinemark it will be a good spot. You know in like 5 years....

I saw the Galveston Hooters this past weekend.

Anyone know when it opened?

Hooter's purchased the Ocean Grill last year some time. I think the conversion to Hooters was earlier this year.

BTW, dirt work started on the Katy location yesteday.

can you explain. how is it a dump? What is there I am not thinking of?

Well there's the Honda shop, two used car lots, a pipe fitting company, and a cheesy taqueria. Even the Landrys is in an outdated and painfully ugly strip center.

To me the environment is just not right for something as eventfull as Hooters.

Hooters seems to be more like a "destination" for most folks unlike other restaruants say in a "resturaunt row". I know when I've gone I'm usually meeting a group a friends for happy hour or to watch a game. Being right on I-10 it is in a very visible spot and will probably get a lot of drive-by stops also for people coming through town. Just my opinion.

Archived