Do you have kids?

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

I KNEW I HEARD THAT ALARM GOING OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a big scare tactic from the big ones like Chevron and Exxon, and Shell. I still question Wal-Mart gas, but Kroger, I trust, and use all the time. My Musclecar can only use Premium, and Kroger's premium seems to be just fine. I do use Techron additive every 3rd tank just in case.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somehow, I envisioned you as having longer hair and less of a straight-laced appearance. Somehow, more like...

av-409.gif

Oh it can get nasty my friend. >:):P

44428077_623c75e64c.jpg

pp93.jpg

Wait a minute, this isn't about me, is it? :P Seriously, I'm just an old surfer (or wanna be anyway) who keeps the locks hidden unless I'm working.

And thanks to everyone for the kind words, I'm blessed like the rest of you.

Oh it can get nasty my friend. >:):P

pp93.jpg

That vest you have on is really "METAL" bro! Kind of like Metallica AFTER they cut their hair. :blink::P:lol: Anyways Man, I want to come hear you guys WAIL somewhere. Hell, I'll drive you to the gig in the Cutlass. Then, when I get plastered, you can drive us home. I don't know how you'll get back to your house after you drive me to mine, but I'll be home so I won't care. >:)

edit, I was looking at the first pic again, look at all the people with camera phones clickin' away. Man, have times changed. Is that the Bon Jovi gig?

I was looking at the first pic again, look at all the people with camera phones clickin' away. Man, have times changed.

No kidding. I was able to catch the last day of this year's ACL festival, and this matter came to my attention during the Tom Petty performance. The last time I did a rock concert like that was before cell phone cameras existed, so it was really disorienting and in some ways trippy. As though the burning flames of a thousand raised lighters of an era past had been replaced with the bluish haze of a thousand cell phones.

No kidding. I was able to catch the last day of this year's ACL festival, and this matter came to my attention during the Tom Petty performance. The last time I did a rock concert like that was before cell phone cameras existed, so it was really disorienting and in some ways trippy. As though the burning flames of a thousand raised lighters of an era past had been replaced with the bluish haze of a thousand cell phones.

Crap, you beat me to it Niche. I was fixin' to say the same thing. But, people still carry lighters to rock concerts.

That vest you have on is really "METAL" bro! Kind of like Metallica AFTER they cut their hair. :blink::P:lol: Anyways Man, I want to come hear you guys WAIL somewhere. Hell, I'll drive you to the gig in the Cutlass. Then, when I get plastered, you can drive us home. I don't know how you'll get back to your house after you drive me to mine, but I'll be home so I won't care. >:)

Ha, ha. I put that vest on because the guys liked it. Later on I realized I had the Don Johnson going on. :blush:

I'd love to have you brutha, and yes we can take the Cutlass if you insist. Also, since I don't party at shows, I'll be glad to take you home and bring the car back in a couple of days. Don't worry though, I'm a good driver. :P

edit, I was looking at the first pic again, look at all the people with camera phones clickin' away. Man, have times changed. Is that the Bon Jovi gig?

No, that was a show in Atlanta. It's similar to the Verizon.

Ha, ha. I put that vest on because the guys liked it. Later on I realized I had the Don Johnson going on. :blush:

I'd love to have you brutha, and yes we can take the Cutlass if you insist. Also, since I don't party at shows, I'll be glad to take you home and bring the car back in a couple of days. Don't worry though, I'm a good driver. :P

No, that was a show in Atlanta. It's similar to the Verizon.

Gary -- since you've blocked me on PM, I'll deliver this here.

Hey Gary --

You seem like a decent enough guy. Petty, empty threats are, I'm sure, beneath you. When I apologized in a previous PM, I really did assume incorrectly that you were a kid. It's a function of online communication. I wasn't trying to get another rise out of you by explaining that. You took it the wrong way and came back at me, so I continued jabbing at you. That's childish on my part, I know.

I earnestly apologize to you -- not only for offending you, but for playing my childish game. I am an occasional insomniac and sometimes like to entertain myself. Re-reading a couple of my posts lately, though, has given me a crisis of conscience. I guess failure to communicate effectively can go both ways.

I also see now that a PM I sent you early this morning, complimenting your family didn't actually go through. I was trying to bury the hatchet, after realizing that a guy with such a nice family, who speaks of his kids like you do can't be all bad.

If I was bringing this silly "I'm going to beat you up" nonsense out of you, maybe I was the asshole.

So, once again -- I ask if maybe we can virtually shake hands and that you will view my delayed display of maturity as a sincere apology?

Gary -- since you've blocked me on PM, I'll deliver this here.

Hey Gary --

You seem like a decent enough guy. Petty, empty threats are, I'm sure, beneath you. When I apologized in a previous PM, I really did assume incorrectly that you were a kid. It's a function of online communication. I wasn't trying to get another rise out of you by explaining that. You took it the wrong way and came back at me, so I continued jabbing at you. That's childish on my part, I know.

I earnestly apologize to you -- not only for offending you, but for playing my childish game. I am an occasional insomniac and sometimes like to entertain myself. Re-reading a couple of my posts lately, though, has given me a crisis of conscience. I guess failure to communicate effectively can go both ways.

I also see now that a PM I sent you early this morning, complimenting your family didn't actually go through. I was trying to bury the hatchet, after realizing that a guy with such a nice family, who speaks of his kids like you do can't be all bad.

If I was bringing this silly "I'm going to beat you up" nonsense out of you, maybe I was the asshole.

So, once again -- I ask if maybe we can virtually shake hands and that you will view my delayed display of maturity as a sincere apology?

I didn't look at the "I'm going to beat you up" as childish. Your PM's absolutely crossed the line many times, especially when using my children to lower one of your insults. Where i come from, you would have been physically embarrased for speaking as you did.

That being said, I will relunctantly accept your apology.

I didn't look at the "I'm going to beat you up" as childish. Your PM's absolutely crossed the line many times, especially when using my children to lower one of your insults. Where i come from, you would have been physically embarrased for speaking as you did.

That being said, I will relunctantly accept your apology.

Good.

I hope it won't continue to be so reluctant as time passes. You and I probably actually agree on more than we disagree...like enthusiasm for Houston projects and ways to pass time in Amsterdam. Or, Houston, for that matter.

Well, I'm somewhat new to this forum - but it has been taking more and more of my (work) time lately. ;) Anyway, here's a pic of my two kids.

IMGP2251.jpg

Our daughter just started Kindergarten this year, and my 'little man' will be 2 in December. Having kids really does change your perspective of the world.

Well, I'm somewhat new to this forum - but it has been taking more and more of my (work) time lately. ;) Anyway, here's a pic of my two kids.

IMGP2251.jpg

Our daughter just started Kindergarten this year, and my 'little man' will be 2 in December. Having kids really does change your perspective of the world.

Handsome kids you have there. ;)

What is that machine they are in and whatever happened to the Big Wheel? :P:P

I don't get your logic, dalparadise. But--oh well, there it is. :)

SunKing, your kids are beautiful. Is that a Kittrike (sp?) I see? I love your daughter's hairdo!! Cute!!

Parrothead, Dullparasite's mentallity is a bit on the childish side, Troll's like him come and go. I've seen it a million times. Don't worry about that little guy.

I just got this pic today, my wife took it this morning. look at that little drool monster.

4gzndi8.jpg

Parrothead, Dullparasite's mentallity is a bit on the childish side, Troll's like him come and go. I've seen it a million times. Don't worry about that little guy.

I just got this pic today, my wife took it this morning. look at that little drool monster.

4gzndi8.jpg

I don't get it. I wasn't rude. I'm very humbly trying to play nice. Why would you attempt to inflame this?

I don't get it. I wasn't rude. I'm very humbly trying to play nice. Why would you attempt to inflame this?

You have absolutely NOTHING of merit to add to this discussion on this thread, you should Troll elsewhere. I mean, don't go away MAD, just go away .

You have absolutely NOTHING of merit to add to this discussion on this thread, you should Troll elsewhere. I mean, don't go away MAD, just go away .

I've never even really responded to anything you've posted, even incidiary ones, so I'm not sure why you've got it in for me. I am making an earnest effort to get along. If I have offended you, I apologize directly to you and the rest of the people here.

Now, to address your comment that I don't have anything of merit to add to this discussion --

Let me say for the record that those kids are pretty cute and I can see how someone could get all wrapped up in being a parent. How's that?

I'm glad you guys like having kids and that they allow you to loudly proclaim how much "wisdom" and "selflessness" they've brought to your lives. But, for those of us who can't stand the little snot factories, please keep them out of restaurants, movie theaters, stores or really, anywhere in public, until they are 18. Then, if they're girls, you may allow them to appear on the Internet.

I am pretty sure this statement along with your standard par for the course actions, are what lay the not welcome mat at your feet. It's a thread on people's kids, and anti-kid statements like the one above, frankly parents take it personally. You don't mess with the pups or you get bit. Law of nature. A person who has no use for children cannot begin to know the reasoning behind the over protectiveness that a "parent" automatically has.

Kinda like when you were a kid and someone talked about your Momma. It's one of those lines you do not cross. I have grown daughters I am really protective of, and the last part of that statement I took as a direct insult. I didn't want to read anything into it, you very well may have meant nothing by it. But I doubt it. I let it slide, because every time I confront someone, they PM Dan or Wayne and I have to deal with that issue. My advice when it comes to peoples kids, If you don't have anything good to say, keep it to yourself.

Now I was playing nice as I could.....but kids are out of bounds....are we getting it now???????

I am pretty sure this statement along with your standard par for the course actions, are what lay the not welcome mat at your feet. It's a thread on people's kids, and anti-kid statements like the one above, frankly parents take it personally. You don't mess with the pups or you get bit. Law of nature. A person who has no use for children cannot begin to know the reasoning behind the over protectiveness that a "parent" automatically has.

Kinda like when you were a kid and someone talked about your Momma. It's one of those lines you do not cross. I have grown daughters I am really protective of, and the last part of that statement I took as a direct insult. I didn't want to read anything into it, you very well may have meant nothing by it. But I doubt it. I let it slide, because every time I confront someone, they PM Dan or Wayne and I have to deal with that issue. My advice when it comes to peoples kids, If you don't have anything good to say, keep it to yourself.

Now I was playing nice as I could.....but kids are out of bounds....are we getting it now???????

You're absolutely right. I admit it. I apologize. I absolutely did mean what you suggest I meant in that previous post. It was childish and wrong to write that and I did it solely to get a rise out of people here for my own entertainment. I wish I could take it back. All I can do is apologize and hope that you all will accept.

I truly wish to add to this forum from this point forward if I can be allowed to.

Archived