09.11.06 in houston

torvald

so were there any local odd things, pranks or other mentionables

that happened today? 9/11 brings out the worst in folks. i heard

of a few random things... anyone else?

They had a bomb threat at Spring High School today.

Edited by Marty

I really liked the color of a hat a friend of mine was wearing, so I took it to the paint store and they scanned it in their computer to mix a can of paint for my house.

I thought that was a bit odd.

It is.

If your friend is wearing his hat and standing by your house, it will look like the top of his head is missing.

240818240_bdb8829eff.jpg

Bit of excitement today at Whole Foods on Kirby... an unknown device, about the size of a garage door opener with blinking lights was found in the women's restroom. The device was handed to store security who took it outside and notified HPD. HPD showed up and demolished the device on site by putting it in a containment tube and blowing it up. The device itself wasn't explosive and appears to have been a prank.

Edited by groovehouse

It was probably a blinking garage door opener.

the odd thing i did that day was have dim sum for absolutely no reason. :mellow:

it seems really silly to go through all that for a garage door opener.

that was one of the things i had heard about on another houston forum (IBP):

"Very weird! A team member here found an object in the women's restroom that was thought to be a bomb. It was a small black box, about the size of a garage door opener, with a blinking light, a swithch, and two pennies attached to it. She brought it to the deputy sherriff on duty here and he took it outside. There were suddenly several cops here and they all waited around for the bomb squad. The squad came and couldn't determine what it was, so they blew it up. So this was some sort of prank, but why Whole Foods? ...Someone said that one of the coins on the thing was Arabic, but I'm not sure if I would even know an Arabic coin if I saw one."

is that a federal offense to do something like that?

sounds like someone wanted to go home early to me. <_<

Edited by torvald

The 2 pennies were apparently attached by a melted peppermint from some old ladies purse, and when the old lady was in the bathroom and pulled the opener from the bottom of her purse and saw what a disgusting gooey mess it all was, she didn't want to put it back in her purse. She figured she could just go down to Sears and get another door opener, so she just left it on the counter. Mystery solved. <_< Your tax dollars at work.