GEICO Ads

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

I had GEICO for five years and was very pleased with it. My rates went down every six months. Ended up switching to State Farm to consolidate my insuracne with my wife's when we got married, but I wouldn't hesitate to go back to GEICO, even though I think the whole lizard thing is old.

"mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce!! wooooooo-ooooooooooo!!"

Hell yes, I'll stay with GEICO for another 6+ years!

When tropical storm Allison dumped a bajillion gallons of water on the city and flooded out the streets behind my place of employment, including my car, GEICO had it towed to my dealership, had an adjustor out there the same day, quoted my damages, got my car fixed and had it back to me before the flood waters could recede... and now Little Richard singing about thanksgiving dinner!??!?! Keep me signed up!! woooooooo-oooooooooo!!!

Edited by groovehouse

I have to admit that I kinda like the new ads they are running. At the very least they are entertaining and have a good little jingle. Better then "Head On, Apply Directly to the forehead" "Head On, Apply Directly to the forehead" although that was a masterpiece of advertising.

I have been with Geico for close to ten years now and they have been great although I'm thinking the rates may be a little high since I saw the last topic on here discussing insurance rates.

Scharpe St Guy

Ball-peen hammer: Apply directly to the forehead.

God, that Head-On Advertising is EVIL, EVIL, EVIL! The whole Head-On and Freedhem Cream ad sequences are stuck in my head!

I like how it was ridiculed on some Saturday night comedy show - I'm not sure if it was SNL or something else.

I was recently very pleasantly surprised to find out that Charo isn't the bas-been bimbo I always assumed she was.

It turns out that she's a very accomplished classical guitar player and has a whole string of albums, including one released in the last few months. In spite of the annoyance of listening to her, she's supposed to be very bright.

Go figure.

What amazes me is how much advertising Geico, Progressive and other companies are doing, at least in this area. Obviously, the car insurance market must be very profitable. This has not always been the case.

When I sold insurance a few years back, it was hard to get a new policy through underwriting, and some companies wouldn't even write new business in Texas.

With all the accidents, crazy drivers, expensive vehicles, and uninsured motorists who have no intention of ever getting insurance, how can this business be so lucrative? Not to mention attorneys advertising aggresively encouraging people to turn even minor accidents into big payouts.

Oh well, whatever the reason, competition is good. I'm sure the people selling all those ad spots are happy too!

And don't even get me started on those stupid Head-On commercials.

And they are usually followed by Active-On and FreedHem Hemorroid Creme.

I think they make the commercials so you can get a head-ache just by watching them.

You must watch CNN Headline News, so you know about the Scooter, Gold, Sleep Number, Diitech, and Life Insurance commercials too huh.

What the hell is going on with the Burt Baccarach commercial? He looks like he is either drunk or stoned out of his mind.

They rarely play this one anymore, I think it is a hint that it was the least favorite.

I had GEICO for five years and was very pleased with it. My rates went down every six months. Ended up switching to State Farm to consolidate my insuracne with my wife's when we got married, but I wouldn't hesitate to go back to GEICO, even though I think the whole lizard thing is old.

my geico rates were sky high. i was paying almost $200/month with them. i switched to safeco and cut my rates in half. not sure how or why, but i did some shopping around for the same kind of insurance and geico was NOT the lowest.

guess those computer animated geckos cost a bit more.

The Charo one is the best, but I do like Little Richard!

i like the movie voice over dude.

what just happened to the original post?

There were two threads, one that talked about the Geico ad with Little Richard, and one of the President Bush parodyversion of Little Richard I believe.

Houston1stWordontheMoon did not agree and decided to act childish and remove the topic heading. :closedeyes:

Edited by Pumapayam