Looking for a venue...

ricco67

Hey guys, do you know of anyone that owns a bar/club that is relatively empty?

Reason why I'm asking is that I need a place in which I can host parties once a month with a minimum of fuss and at the same time save a place that may be dying.

Anyone? Anyone?

My only criteria is that is must be at least inside the beltway, but for the right venue, I might be willing to go out a bit further.

I'm still chuckling at your premise. Do you really want to hold your parties in a club has a hard time attracting customers?

Then again, you're probably hoping to find one of those little off-the-beaten-path places like the one Yogi Berra was talking about when he said famously that "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too popular."

Reason why I'm asking is that I need a place in which I can host parties once a month with a minimum of fuss and at the same time save a place that may be dying.

Anyone? Anyone?

My only criteria is that is must be at least inside the beltway, but for the right venue, I might be willing to go out a bit further.

It's not "relatively empty", nor is it dying, but my favorite "inside-the-loop" watering hole is The Harp, a nice neighborhood pub on Richmond about halfway between Montrose and Shepherd. I don't know how big you want your parties to be, but The Harp can handle small gatherings of a dozen or so people, either in a side room with tables, or on the patio outside when the weather's nice. And the atmosphere is great.

Brewery Tap could easlily fit 200 people. Leon's can fit a lot of people too...they have a back room.

When we used to bring 75 skaters into the brew tap it could handle that fine, but 200 just seems like a stretch.

EDIT: I just spoke with brew tap, their max capacity is 100.

Edited by musicman

When we used to bring 75 skaters into the brew tap it could handle that fine, but 200 just seems like a stretch.

EDIT: I just spoke with brew tap, their max capacity is 100.

Maybe he is thinking of the Magnolia brewery/ballroom next door and above?

I rented out Spectators on Westcott for a party a few months back. Its $250 for 8 hours on a Saturday night. Might be cheaper on a weeknight. The place isnt fancy, just a bar, pool tables and a jukebox, but its perfect for holding a party.

well, that seems great, but this is going to be a saturday night kinda thing and i don't need to rent anything, but just be able to give some hole in a wall place some decent business.

• 8 months later...
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :blink: The thought of skates on the Magnolia Ballroom's beautiful hardwood floors makes me cringe.

OMG!!! I've been to the Magnolia Ballroom.. went to a private party (with skaters), had to be '76 or '77. Pretty wild party.. and I remember it was very very nice!