122-Townhome Development In Rice Military

Guest danax

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a design standpoint, they're definitely setting the bar, and helping that area complete its redevelopment. In terms of gating, I don't think that that's strictly a suburban thing anymore, especially with the explosion in the amount of townhome complexes that have gone up with gates, and with the steady increase in gates going up on individual lots in River Oaks and other areas.

If it weren't for the fact that it is gated, this development would have really set the bar for the area. But as it is I think it would have fit in better elsewhere in Houston, maybe in the Woodlands or something.

From a design standpoint, they're definitely setting the bar, and helping that area complete its redevelopment. In terms of gating, I don't think that that's strictly a suburban thing anymore, especially with the explosion in the amount of townhome complexes that have gone up with gates, and with the steady increase in gates going up on individual lots in River Oaks and other areas.

I'm not talking about gates surrounding the yards of individual lots, I'm talking about the fact that the entire development is gated, and the fact that it's the only such gated suburban-style development in the Rice Military area. It really does not fit in and I think it detracts from the area as a whole.

I'm not talking about gates surrounding the yards of individual lots, I'm talking about the fact that the entire development is gated, and the fact that it's the only such gated suburban-style development in the Rice Military area. It really does not fit in and I think it detracts from the area as a whole.

I guess we could call it "The Rice Military Compound".

• The title was changed to Rice Military: 122-Townhome Development In Rice Military
  • The title was changed to 122-Townhome Development In Rice Military

Archived