Carlton Woods, Creekside, The Woodlands

bachanon

17 subdivisions? That sounds like a lot, but then you say only a population of 330 for the entirety of Carlton Woods. When I think of a subdivision, I think of a pretty large neighborhood with about 400-500 people. How is this neighborhood subdivided that it can have 17 of them? Seems like every street would be a separate subdivision in that case.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 subdivisions? That sounds like a lot, but then you say only a population of 330 for the entirety of Carlton Woods. When I think of a subdivision, I think of a pretty large neighborhood with about 400-500 people. How is this neighborhood subdivided that it can have 17 of them? Seems like every street would be a separate subdivision in that case.

I don't have the data right in front of me, but I recall that there were several "subdivisions" with fewer than 10 homes. My source usually tracks by "subdivision", but perhaps they had difficulty categorizing it this time.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't have the data right in front of me, but I recall that there were several "subdivisions" with fewer than 10 homes. My source usually tracks by "subdivision", but perhaps they had difficulty categorizing it this time.

The few times that I've been in Carlton Woods I've noticed that the individually named neighborhoods frequently consist of only one or two streets. As of right now there are 14 individual neighborhoods within the original Carlton Woods in Sterling Ridge. So if your source counts each neighborhood as a subdivision, that might explain the high number of "subdivisions" versus low population.

• 2 months later...

update on creekside

Oct. 3, 2006, 11:49AM

Woodlands continues planning for new neighborhood

Designs include aquatic center, YMCA facility and 50-acre lake

By BETH KUHLES

Chronicle Correspondent

The gateway to the new Creekside Park Village will include a $10 million park featuring an aquatic center with a pool, a boathouse on a 50-acre lake, a country club tennis center, a satellite YMCA facility, a large outdoor amphitheater and a promenade with retail kiosks.

"It's an enhancement of anything we've ever done," said Joel Deretchin, who serves as president of The Woodlands Association homeowners group and vice president of public affairs at The Woodlands Development Co. "We're really excited about it. We are back to our roots with this project. It's got The Woodlands feel."

Click to learn more...

Upon entering Creekside Park Village, visitors will be greeted by sweeping landscapes that lead down to a 50-acre lake. The long, narrow waterway will be a central feature in the village. The park and surrounding public spaces, such as a school and church, will echo the theme of the new village, which is a rustic, national park-like setting.

full story

• 2 weeks later...

and there's more! finally, the woodlands will take a turn towards craftsman and national park thematic elements. although creekside is not just carlton woods, creekside, i thought that anyone following the story would most likely check in here.

Woodlands highlights theme for new village

Creekside Park will offer more outdoor recreation choices to residents

By LAURA ISENSEE

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

On The Woodlands' 32nd anniversary of its grand opening, The Woodlands Development Co. unveiled the theme and planning details of its newest and eighth village, Creekside Park, to the real estate and builder communities.

On its next birthday in 2007, the development company plans to hold the official grand opening of the village, the first in Harris County and Tomball Independent School District.

full story

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the link, Bach!

Wow, main entrance off Gosling will definitely call for a signal light at that entrance.

I know they just put one into action at Flintridge at Gosling and it was way overdue.

Hopefully, the gods that be in the woodlands are working right now to get that signalling done and working before some of those 7000+ residents start moving into Creekside Park, or that whole area will be one big traffic nightmare.

I love how close all this is to Northampton and Augusta Pines, in our backyards, literally. All of the pleasure, none of the pain. And a new Y opening in 2008-2009, nice. All the new parks and the aquatic center, lovin' it!

i think that might be the "terramont" portion of sterling ridge which is right at 2978.

It is the new section just purchased by TWD.

On another note, the parkway will add a totally new dimension to the accessability into TW, especially Creekside. I see a four way lane Gosling all the way to the parkway. From 2920, I doubt there will be four lanes, but possibily further in the future. Regionally, I rather certain the developers are considering the parkway as an assumption rather than a maybe. I am plooking forward to the new park and YMCA in Creekside. The YMCA should provide aa third Y for residents of TW but I am unsure the Y will couple it to the other two as a third option, like they have done in Montgomery. I hope they do. In the meantime, someone needs to get on the stick in planning 2978. The county line will present several issues and possibly inconviniences to TW residents, imposed by county jurisdictional differences.

Regionally, I rather certain the developers are considering the parkway as an assumption rather than a maybe.

Yes, I'm rather certain they are making assumptions also about the Grand Parkway, if that's what you're referring to. Unfortunately, HCTRA and TxDOT are no closer than they were a year ago in negotiations, and so it remains to be seen what will happen with the Grand Parkway. It's certainly not good news for any of the prospective buyers in Creekside Park who will be looking at model homes in a month or two. They'll be lucky if they get a signal light or even a 3-way stop on Gosling in order to enter and exit their neighborhood. That's what I'd be more concerned about, if I were looking there to buy. On another note, we're all very excited about a new Y opening up right behind Northampton in Creekside Park.

I heard that this YMCA will be a satellite location. I also heard it won't be on the scale of the Shadowbend and Ashlane Way YMCAs.

On another note, The Woodlands does go across 2978 a little bit. Maybe they will put something else there when the parkway goes to 249. It also goes across 1488 near where Kuyk. might expand across. Interesting.

The page stated that the pkwy will be 3x3 also. Wonder when that will happen? They just finished that expansion at the end. That curve was dangerous for awhile.

• 2 months later...

(as seen on David Weekley website:)

The Woodlands-Villages of Creekside Park Now Open!

Villages of Creekside Park is a family friendly environment!

Bring your clients to visit The Woodlands - Villages of Creekside Park. David Weekley Homes is pleased to be building in the newest section of The Woodlands, Creekside Park 55

as funny as it sounds.....this street - Kuykendall - will impact the demographics of the neighborhood for years to come....

it provides a direct link to Greenspoint to similar what Veterans Memorial/Stuebner Airline has done from I-45 to 1960

If your going to buy way out there in the boonies you need to look long term.....I don't want to come back on this board in 2029 and read about the new housing development in Huntsville because the "element" has taken over the Kuykendall area..lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it is odd, isn't it? My neighborhood of Northampton and the one connected to it, Auburn Lakes, and the one to the west of mine, Augusta Pines, are all zoned to Klein ISD.

But, Creekside Park, just behind all that, is zoned to Tomball, while the rest of The Woodlands is zoned to Conroe ISD.

I wonder if realtors pushing Creekside Park are letting their clients know this, or just letting them find out later on their own. It is confusing to potential buyers, I'm sure.

On the good side, I just went out to Creekside Park off Gosling last weekend and looked around. It's an interesting layout, with a good number of the homes getting "creekfront" lots (as opposed to lakefront lots). Some of the builders spec homes are not really attractive at this stage, hopefully that will change when it's further along and landscaped. Also, the homes are built really close to one another, like most places now, I suppose.

I do hope someone with Harris County is working to get some signals put in place on Gosling soon, though, because with the way the subdivision pops up right after the Spring Creek Bridge, it kinda catches people off-guard sometimes and this is likely to get a lot worse once residents start moving in.

• 2 weeks later...

Ther is a new sign on Gosling advertising the availability of Creekside homes from an entrance on Gosling.

[The Woodlands Homes in Carlton Woods Creekside

By Luis Tamborrel - The Woodlands Realtor - Call (281) 813-6027

Reservations for the homesites will be accepted beginning on Thursday, March 22, 2007

38 premier homesites will become available in March of 2007 in the gated community of Carlton Woods Creekside in The Woodlands, according to Tim Welbes, president of The Woodlands Development Company.

Carlton Woods Creekside is a 500-acre expansion to Carlton Woods, located south of Spring Creek in Harris County in the Village of Creekside Park. Vast areas of parkland, totaling 1,850 acres, are planned for the eighth village, Creekside Park.

The Carlton Woods Sales Center will begin accepting reservations for the new homesites beginning Thursday, March 22, 2007. Lots from the spring property release range in size from

• 2 months later...

I think there are a few errors on their interactive map, Bach.

When you highlight the word "schools", the school shown in the middle is Metzler Elementary. Yes, it's a school, but it's zoned to Klein ISD. None of Creekside Park is zoned to Klein, they will all be zoned into Tomball.

Also, there is a school shown on the north side of the Gosling Road entrance. It should be shown to the south. It is a private school that I believe goes up to 8th grade or soon will, called the Cunae International School.

Also, the church shown to the north side of the Gosling Road entrance should also be shown to the south side. It is the future site (now just a wooded lot) of Woods Edge Church, currently located in the Woodlands.

What is the difference between "multi-family homes" and "apartments" on this map? Townhomes, condos?

• 1 month later...
I think there are a few errors on their interactive map, Bach.

When you highlight the word "schools", the school shown in the middle is Metzler Elementary. Yes, it's a school, but it's zoned to Klein ISD. None of Creekside Park is zoned to Klein, they will all be zoned into Tomball.

Also, there is a school shown on the north side of the Gosling Road entrance. It should be shown to the south. It is a private school that I believe goes up to 8th grade or soon will, called the Cunae International School.

Also, the church shown to the north side of the Gosling Road entrance should also be shown to the south side. It is the future site (now just a wooded lot) of Woods Edge Church, currently located in the Woodlands.

What is the difference between "multi-family homes" and "apartments" on this map? Townhomes, condos?

The school site shown on the bottom-center of the map is not Metzler, but is North of Augusta Pines Blvd. This will be a new Tomball ISD school. Metzler is much further South on West Rayford (which is not shown on this map). Also, looking at the interactive map, the 3rd East to West road is already cut from Kuykendahl to Gosling. Also, Lake Paloma is mostly complete (arial view, sorry, no pics), at least to the road West of the "L" in Lake Paloma.

I am still very curious what is being built on the NW corner of Kuykendahl and Augusta Pines. They have built up that 50 acre lot with what looks to be at least 20' (high) of fill dirt and have been "massaging" it for some time. Does anyone have any input?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Carlton Woods, Creekside, The Woodlands

Archived