Montione Villas At 1433 Elgin St.

drey00

My wife and I toured around inside a month ago. The floorplans are very awkward and inefficient, and some materials are apartment grade. I wouldn't have paid more than $300k-320k for the square footage, appointments, and location. They would be a hard sell even in a strong market. :-(

Edited by HtownTX

• 1 year later...
still nothing happening here huh?

These are the ones on Elgin right? 1 of 8 has sold to the best of my knowledge...

They are akward inside, the model had an elevator in it for crying out loud.

They are reduced to the $360's, so as the rest of Midtown creeps toward those prices, I'm sure they'll go soon. The Tricon's were $290's and they sold very quickly, the Waterhills are mid-$300's.

They look decent from the pictures, but definitely overpriced. However, I wouldn't want to live within several feet of Elgin...it's going to be noisy as there is a lot of traffic on that road.

http://www.marydunn.com/going2.asp?ihouse=6553394&mls=

What I don't understand with many of the new townhome complexes (and this really irks me) is the trend of building one row of homes right behind another with a little alley/driveway in-between them. If you were to buy from the second row in this complex, your front door/windows are literally facing another house just a few feet away (you can't see this from the pictures...only the first row is shown). And I can only imagine the parking problems in the driveway.

I'm all for denser development in Midtown, but this is not the way to do it. It's pretty obvious when developers are trying to maximize profit to the expense of livability.

Edited by barracuda

• The title was changed to Montione Villas At 1433 Elgin St.