First Car

Heights2Bastrop

:wub: MTM

here's the car from the "you might just make it after all" shows:

2441i0n.jpg

sevfiv, you never cease to amaze me :)

And remember how she'd weave from one side of the lane to the other? Made me think ol' Mare may have been blowing >.08 :o

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sevfiv, you never cease to amaze me :)

And remember how she'd weave from one side of the lane to the other? Made me think ol' Mare may have been blowing >.08 :o

haha! the funny thing is, when she is driving, a scene fades in/out of her going away party, and in this shot, someone is opening a bottle of champagne (and i'm assuming the party was right before she hit the road). :o:D

24697pe.jpg

• 8 months later...
First car: 1962 Rambler Classic Sedan. Derelict family car restored by my mom and dad. Pink with white top, folding "Nash bed" front seats, pushbutton auto transmission. I still miss it.

amc_6201.JPG

In college I had a pair of mid-70's Chevy Suburbans. Not terribly reliable vehicles.

First car I bought and paid for myself: 1986 Honda Civic Wagon, white, 5 speed. I still have it, 200,000+ miles.

HON2004081272282_pv.jpg

My first nice car, stiil my daily driver with 125,000 miles: 1999 Audi A4 Avant

99audia4.jpg

Marty

My first car was a 1963 Rambler American. My parents paid $125 for it when I was 16. Then I saw a Clint Eastwood movie called "Magnum Force." There was a scene of a pimp driving a pink Cadillac. So I told my dad that I would like for my Rambler to be pink. So he accomadated me by mixing up red and white paint, and painting it pink.

I remember driving it down to the car wash. A guy I knew what there, and he asked me: "Will it get it"? In the teenage jargon of the 1970s, he was asking me if it would "lay a scratch."

My first was a Red 1993 Ford Tempo 2-door. The best line I ever heard about that car was when someone asked me if I'd souped it up b/c it sounded cool when I revved the engine. Reality was the catalytic converter had pretty much fallen off and was causing all of the commotion. It lasted until 2002 when the transmission gave out and I promptly moved on to a truck...

• 1 month later...

woo hoo, a car thread :D

my first car was a '71 olds handed down to me by my dad at the age of 16. the car was too big for my liking and due to paranoia of it getting scratched or dings in my high school parking lot i got a 96 honda accord and my love for import cars began :)

Archived