First Car

Heights2Bastrop

:wub: MTM

here's the car from the "you might just make it after all" shows:

2441i0n.jpg

sevfiv, you never cease to amaze me :)

And remember how she'd weave from one side of the lane to the other? Made me think ol' Mare may have been blowing >.08 :o

sevfiv, you never cease to amaze me :)

And remember how she'd weave from one side of the lane to the other? Made me think ol' Mare may have been blowing >.08 :o

haha! the funny thing is, when she is driving, a scene fades in/out of her going away party, and in this shot, someone is opening a bottle of champagne (and i'm assuming the party was right before she hit the road). :o:D

24697pe.jpg

Edited by sevfiv

• 8 months later...
First car: 1962 Rambler Classic Sedan. Derelict family car restored by my mom and dad. Pink with white top, folding "Nash bed" front seats, pushbutton auto transmission. I still miss it.

amc_6201.JPG

In college I had a pair of mid-70's Chevy Suburbans. Not terribly reliable vehicles.

First car I bought and paid for myself: 1986 Honda Civic Wagon, white, 5 speed. I still have it, 200,000+ miles.

HON2004081272282_pv.jpg

My first nice car, stiil my daily driver with 125,000 miles: 1999 Audi A4 Avant

99audia4.jpg

Marty

My first car was a 1963 Rambler American. My parents paid $125 for it when I was 16. Then I saw a Clint Eastwood movie called "Magnum Force." There was a scene of a pimp driving a pink Cadillac. So I told my dad that I would like for my Rambler to be pink. So he accomadated me by mixing up red and white paint, and painting it pink.

I remember driving it down to the car wash. A guy I knew what there, and he asked me: "Will it get it"? In the teenage jargon of the 1970s, he was asking me if it would "lay a scratch."

My first was a Red 1993 Ford Tempo 2-door. The best line I ever heard about that car was when someone asked me if I'd souped it up b/c it sounded cool when I revved the engine. Reality was the catalytic converter had pretty much fallen off and was causing all of the commotion. It lasted until 2002 when the transmission gave out and I promptly moved on to a truck...

• 1 month later...