More Houston Photoshop

jmancuso

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

transco1-1.jpg

I just love this picture just don't know who gets credit for it. Could be a Pouge picture. Great shot who ever it is. And Philip Johnson's buildings are such works of art, There is not a more eye catching sight than the Transco at night. I use this as wall paper on most of my company computers, I just am in awe every time I see it. Johnson had such vision, without being overly weird. Some people talk more about Pennzoil Plaza, but with it's diversity it's kind of lost in the jungle of Downtown. I think the location of Transco just dignifies it so well, just makes the skyline to the SW such a joy. I use to see it leaving downtown late when I use to commute for Texaco, and was meeting friends at Guggenheim's the drive out west there was a certain spot you caught the most spectacular view and it just made a pleasant end to a long day. Just don't know ant other way to put it. Imagine that view without it! Blasphemy!

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

Wow, maybe it's just been awhile since I've seen it at night, but it looks awfully lit up at that hour.

It's a nice landmark to see whenever you're landing in Houston.

Probably Friday night when cleaning crews are making their final vacuum stops etc. Beautiful nonetheless. Uptown Houston is Texas' REAL UPTOWN. From the 40-64 story buildings to the beautiful stainless steel traffic lights on Post Oak. Wait until Turnberry puts up its new 42-story highrise (very very posh) and we'll see how much more elegant Uptown Houston can be. Houston would never be a Baltic Avenue :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, maybe it's just been awhile since I've seen it at night, but it looks awfully lit up at that hour.

It's a nice landmark to see whenever you're landing in Houston.

It was taken more than likely in the Fall or Winter months when it gets dark around 6 pm, a lot of people are still in the offices wrapping up their day at that time. I've seen it lit up that much before, but only around the times I was talking about, during the Spring & Summer months you're lucky to see any office lights on at night.

Edited by Metro Matt