Random jet photograph

editor

Here's another one of those random non-revenue photographs. Normally I don't take pictures out of airplane windows because the coatings make everything look bad, but for some reason the light was just right for this one, so I tried. I think the red/blue contrast came out well.. and the puffy clouds are nicely aligned to mimic exhaust.

SWA-001.jpg

Continental is adding those winglets to their 737-800s and 737-700s as well as their 757s. They look so friggin' cool.

Also, if you are a plane fan, Lufthansa is going to start using their 340-600s in November to IAH. Those things are sooooooo looooooong. Quite a neat plane that I am fairly certain has never made it to town.

Here are some pics....

21evm9w.jpg

21evmsp.jpg

21evuxz.jpg

Continental is adding those winglets to their 737-800s and 737-700s as well as their 757s. They look so friggin' cool.

Also, if you are a plane fan, Lufthansa is going to start using their 340-600s in November to IAH. Those things are sooooooo looooooong. Quite a neat plane that I am fairly certain has never made it to town.

Ah so thats the decision they have made eh? Certain companies i know of personally have been in negotiations with them and 4 other airlines that fly into IAH to increase capacity in the form of both passenger and cargo space. The A340-600 is currently the longest airplane in production. ;)

Here's another one of those random non-revenue photographs. Normally I don't take pictures out of airplane windows because the coatings make everything look bad, but for some reason the light was just right for this one, so I tried. I think the red/blue contrast came out well.. and the puffy clouds are nicely aligned to mimic exhaust.

SWA-001.jpg

Those winglets are pretty stylish.

It almost looks like you're about to enter space.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow Moonman! Something else we have in common. My aunt retired from Delta after 31 years as a stewa........... I mean Flight attendant. I fly so cheap, and usually get a first-class seat, if I am lucky lucky and talk to the check-in ladies really sweet. I guess my aunt's sacrifice for slaving 31 years for them has paid off for her though. She lives pretty well.

Edited by TJones

Wow Moonman! Something else we have in common. My aunt retired from Delta after 31 years as a stewa........... I mean Flight attendant. I fly so cheap, and usually get a first-class seat, if I am lucky lucky and talk to the check-in ladies really sweet. I guess my aunt's sacrifice for slaving 31 years for them has paid off for her though. She lives pretty well.

For Delta to be mostly a non union airline, it was a great company to work for. My old man misses flying a lot.He has all sort of Delta model aircraft around the house ;) Too bad he was forced to retire. All commercial pilots in the USA have to retire at age 60. His last flight was MCO-ATL....Orlando-Atlanta.

I also enjoyed the nonrevenue travel benefits over the years, especially when i was in the military and away at school!

Great pictures! I'm a commercial aviation fan as well. I've always regretted that I didn't manage to get in a flight on a DL L-1011 before they were retired a few years ago. I tried, but never could get the price/schedule to work for any trips I was making, and at the time, didn't have the kind of disposable income that would let me just buy a ticket for the sake of flying that plane. But I used to always like seeing them around ATL, DFW, and SLC when I was traveling through those hubs.

Great pictures! I'm a commercial aviation fan as well. I've always regretted that I didn't manage to get in a flight on a DL L-1011 before they were retired a few years ago. I tried, but never could get the price/schedule to work for any trips I was making, and at the time, didn't have the kind of disposable income that would let me just buy a ticket for the sake of flying that plane. But I used to always like seeing them around ATL, DFW, and SLC when I was traveling through those hubs.

The L-1011 was a great bird! The old man only flew 2 airplanes at Delta and those were, first the Boeing 727 and then the Lockheed L-1011. He traded in his USAF B47 and B52 bombers for the Delta life ;)

Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-800, the airline and airplane type my brother currently flies between wars and invasions ;);)

Your brother and one of my uncles are coworkers. He is a 737 captain for Alaska.

The L-1011 was a great bird! The old man only flew 2 airplanes at Delta and those were, first the Boeing 727 and then the Lockheed L-1011. He traded in his USAF B47 and B52 bombers for the Delta life ;)

I do miss the 727s. Always one of my favorite planes to fly. My last flight on one was with Delta -- BOS-CVG in July 2002.

Your brother and one of my uncles are coworkers. He is a 737 captain for Alaska.

I do miss the 727s. Always one of my favorite planes to fly. My last flight on one was with Delta -- BOS-CVG in July 2002.

Small world! How long has your uncle flown for AS?

I coulndt find the 727 retirement photos to post here unfortunately :(

Delta has been pretty good at inviting retired pilots back to airplane retirement parties of the jets they flew while working for the airline ;)

Small world! How long has your uncle flown for AS?

I coulndt find the 727 retirement photos to post here unfortunately :(

Delta has been pretty good at inviting retired pilots back to airplane retirement parties of the jets they flew while working for the airline ;)

He's been at AS since about 1990 -- retired Air Force pilot. I believe he started at AS as a flight engineer on the 727. He's also flown the MD-80 with them before switching to the 737.

He's been at AS since about 1990 -- retired Air Force pilot. I believe he started at AS as a flight engineer on the 727. He's also flown the MD-80 with them before switching to the 737.

My brother has been there since around 1992. Was also on the MD 80. They call it the Mad Dog ;)

• 2 months later...