New R&B Station coming to Bryan-College Station

citykid09

Replacing one of the country stations intown

It could be up as soon as next week

Does anyone know which Country station it is that is flipping to R&B? (Any guess????)

I am guessing that the only reason this country station is fliping to an R&B station is because V-103 Flip to Mexican.

Hopefully this new R&B station is at a higher level of quality then the V-103. All they had was pretaped morning shows playing through out the whole day. And Hopefully they get some real day time radio DJ's from other markets and not the local unprofessionals that are usually on V-103 in the evening. Some of them like the lightnight crew, but the ones that come on after the Doug Banks show is over are sorry.

If it is KORA, I'm moving. It is probably KTEX, even though I thought they were based in Brenham. If it is true R&B, then I'll listen some. If it is a station that only plays songs with no-talent men talking while a semi-talented girl sings, I'll pass.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully this new R&B station is at a higher level of quality then the V-103. All they had was pretaped morning shows playing through out the whole day. And Hopefully they get some real day time radio DJ's from other markets and not the local unprofessionals that are usually on V-103 in the evening. Some of them like the lightnight crew, but the ones that come on after the Doug Banks show is over are sorry.

I don't live in B-CS but after driving through sometime last month I noticed that the Brazons Valley's only Black radio station was gone. ____. But I do hope also that the new station, if not launched already, has local and better DJs and at least one live morning show (Tom Joyner or the new Steve Harvey, i.e.). And like V-103, this newer and better one should also be a Urban Hip Hop/Urban Adult R&B hybrid format -- like ol skool R&B/soul from the 70s and 80s, hip hop and R&B (w/o BS) and slow jamz at night. And on the weekends, gospel.

I don't live in B-CS but after driving through sometime last month I noticed that the Brazons Valley's only Black radio station was gone. ____. But I do hope also that the new station, if not launched already, has local and better DJs and at least one live morning show (Tom Joyner or the new Steve Harvey, i.e.). And like V-103, this newer and better one should also be a Urban Hip Hop/Urban Adult R&B hybrid format -- like ol skool R&B/soul from the 70s and 80s, hip hop and R&B (w/o BS) and slow jamz at night. And on the weekends, gospel.

Where have you been Da Train, Its been about a year or 2 since I have heard from you on here. Welcome back!

Its funny that you opened up this topic, because I login in just now to come to this topic. While listening to the radio earlier, I heard this station called 89.1 playing Urban music, so I asummed that this was the new station, so I looked it up and found out that this was just community radio that played urban music on sertin days of the night.

I was really diapointed and I am frustrated at the time it is taking for the new satation to launch. At this point, I don't even now if it will happen.

Its been Months since a true hip-hop/R&B station was in town no disrespect to KNDY 95 but when i listen to them they play at the most 3 rap songs in a row then some pop or pop/country or pop/country/rock mixed into one and i dont want to hear that i wanna here my Texas rap music not commercial rap but until then its 97.9 out of houston or 104.3 out of austin

V-103 left B-CS? When? Now what urban station does that area have? This is similar to what San Antonio was going through in the late 90s and into 2000. Then finally, they got it's urban station 98.1 the beat. Same with Austin. They didn't have anything but 88.7 and they only played it off and on and then they finally got beat 104.3 in 1998.

Waco doesn't have a station either but they get the Dallas Stations really good anyway. Maybe B-CS will have to be listen to the Houston stations from now on. Do they come in good?

I know Killeen, you have FOUR urban stations you can listen to. Austin's 2 stations(hot 93.3 and beat 104.3 and they are basically local) and 92.3 and 106.7.

commercial 'urban' radio is terrible. same 9 songs 9 times a day. that's 97.9 (dallas and houston), 104.9, 104.3, all of them.

if you listened to these stations you would think there are only 12-15 singles and about 20 artists out at all.

it's a joke.

wait... this is a B/CS thread... i'm in the wrong place for sure.

:lol: Specifically, the teenboppers and "totally" teen girls. :P

College Station is a very "white" town. I live there for 4 years, it was lame. I don't know how minorities can live there. I guess with the urban station coming in, maybe it is a sign of changes in the demographics to come.

College Station is a very "white" town. I live there for 4 years, it was lame. I don't know how minorities can live there. I guess with the urban station coming in, maybe it is a sign of changes in the demographics to come
Well, this has to be the funniest thing (but true) i have heard. But just to update people on the outside looking in, we still don't have a hip-hop/R&b radio station,and i have no idea when we're getting one

commercial 'urban' radio is terrible. same 9 songs 9 times a day. that's 97.9 (dallas and houston), 104.9, 104.3, all of them.

if you listened to these stations you would think there are only 12-15 singles and about 20 artists out at all.

it's a joke.

wait... this is a B/CS thread... i'm in the wrong place for sure.

True. :lol: They are all the same.

If you must listen to t he radio...get sattelite...preferbly sirius

• 2 weeks later...
True. :lol: They are all the same.

If you must listen to t he radio...get sattelite...preferbly sirius

I'm not a fan of annoying unfunny dj's...Sirius seems to have them alot! "the pulse" for example. Xm has them not as much as sirius.

College Station is a very "white" town. I live there for 4 years, it was lame. I don't know how minorities can live there. I guess with the urban station coming in, maybe it is a sign of changes in the demographics to come.

Too bad Bryan is overlooked easily because of its twin to the south, the end result is it being considered close to gritty and ghetto. Speaking of demographics, Bryan has about 13,000 or so Blacks, so it's not a suprise Power 94 (94-98)/V103 (98-06) was able to last 12 years.

Too bad Bryan is overlooked easily because of its twin to the south, the end result is it being considered close to gritty and ghetto. Speaking of demographics, Bryan has about 13,000 or so Blacks, so it's not a suprise Power 94 (94-98)/V103 (98-06) was able to last 12 years.

Any news on a new R&B station yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Someone told me that they heard on one of the local stations that "Coming soon to Bryan-College Station, The New Beat 104......Something?????"

Has anyone else heard this?

Why would another station advertise "supposedly" competition from other future stations???? Anyway I doubt that's true, maybe he heard the New beat 104.3 out of Austin on the radio.

Why would another station advertise "supposedly" competition from other future stations???? Anyway I doubt that's true, maybe he heard the New beat 104.3 out of Austin on the radio.

Radio stations owned by the same group (i.e. - Clear Channel) cross-promote all the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I only wish that 103.9 had went Urban instead of Jack FM. I don't like and lot of other people don't like that station

103.9 shouldve stayed the way it was. I liked it and listened to it anytime I drove anywhere. It pisses me off it got replaced by some bullshit syndicated mix station that doesnt even have dj's.

Its kind of sad how this town can't even support a decent rock station.

Archived