This Forum....

ricco67

You know, I just thought I'd post my appreciation to not only a well run forum, but the fact that we have such a wide range of life experiences that help maintain a brain trust of quite a bit of knowledge from so many fields.

I also must note that I am thrilled to death on how cordial we are to eachother (most of the time) with the ability to make our points relatively clear, or simply agree to disagree.

To the Members and guests that frequent this site, thanks for the many contributions and well written posts that make it interesting to come by again and again.

To the Moderators for helping keep our somewhat unruly members in line.

And finally to the Editor for putting up this website to begin with and for putting up with us to begin with!

Rick

You know, I just thought I'd post my appreciation to not only a well run forum, but the fact that we have such a wide range of life experiences that help maintain a brain trust of quite a bit of knowledge from so many fields.

I also must note that I am thrilled to death on how cordial we are to eachother (most of the time) with the ability to make our points relatively clear, or simply agree to disagree.

To the Members and guests that frequent this site, thanks for the many contributions and well written posts that make it interesting to come by again and again.

To the Moderators for helping keep our somewhat unruly members in line.

And finally to the Editor for putting up this website to begin with and for putting up with us to begin with!

Rick

:D:D:D

i agree, i started off officially looking for facts on houston's great buildings and architecture, and came to realize that it is so much more going on here. also the fact that we get such a great diversity (that dirty word again) of opinions from all manner of people, and the fact that most times even disagreements tend to be civil, makes it a testament to the people of houston ... and this forum.

job well done!

It used to be much better.

this is my 3rd year (i think) on the forums and it seems to be toning down (maturing?) some. i think the discussions are much more intelligent now, and there does not seem to be as much 'bashing' going on. people seem to be respectful if nothing else.

this is my 3rd year (i think) on the forums and it seems to be toning down (maturing?) some. i think the discussions are much more intelligent now, and there does not seem to be as much 'bashing' going on. people seem to be respectful if nothing else.

Maybe, but the subject matter prior to the hacker attack a couple of years ago was much more interesting. There was a lot less pseudo-intellectual BS (you know who you are) back then, too.

ok ricco. stop taking mdma. :D

i too, love the haif community. yes, i did enjoy haif before the hacker attack. yet, having more people with different ideals is fun too.

btw, d.r. horton and perry homes suck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, but the subject matter prior to the hacker attack a couple of years ago was much more interesting. There was a lot less pseudo-intellectual BS (you know who you are) back then, too.

hacker attack? was that when they had to rebuild a lot of stuff? i was kinda on and off (more off than on) at the time.

i call it mental masturbation (oops .. can i say that word here? ... don't want to be banned).

Rick

I can't imagine the amount of work it takes to keep this site up and going. Just want to add my thanks and appreciation. We live up in the Piney Woods of NE Texas now, but we still own property in the Heights. It's good to be able to keep tabs on what happening back there. Plus, I enjoy reading the interaction between the old hands on the site. Pretty entertaining.

Happy 4th, everybody. :D

It used to be much better.

Hmm, not sure if I agree or disagree with this. As for this forum compared to others, it is amazing how mature most people are.

(Had a longer post written out, but I didn't really want to get into that subject matter.)

And possibly the largest.

It's bigger than the Chron's and bigger than KHOU's.

Any other contenders?

i think my thing is that i do not like to subscribe to a whole bunch of different boards. this one has a lot of variety and knowledge base.

I love this site. In a way I'm glad the old site was completely erased... Simply because I look back to posts & topics I did as short as 5 months ago and I hit myself with embarrasment.

"I said that?"

Not to flatter myself or anything but I'd like to think I've matured (atleast a little) since joining haif.

Boy. It's getting pretty warm and fuzzy here. Why done we just give ourselves a large, sweaty, sticky hug, and start singing "I got you babe" as we stare into each other's...

...Hey!...Ricco67! Stop that! I was just kidding around! Get your hands off my....

(sorry.)

:unsure:

hacker attack? was that when they had to rebuild a lot of stuff? i was kinda on and off (more off than on) at the time.

i call it mental masturbation (oops .. can i say that word here? ... don't want to be banned).

Why do all these references to the "hacker attack" start making me hear Billy Joel voices in my head? You know: "... a hacker attack ack ack ack ACK ACK ACK..."

Sorry...my terrets syndrome sometimes goes unchecked.

[2112 resumes banging his head repeatedly against the wall]

Archived