Starbucks At 914 Dallas St.

amsterdam128

I am not sure if this is already known on here but it looks like a new Starbucks is coming to Dallas and Main downtown. I belive this will be street level. Although I am not a huge fan of the corporate coffee giant, it is always nice to see more street level retail in DT Houston.

I'm surprised no one has asked for a follow up on this--or provided another link with info. So when is this supposed to open and where will it be? In the Courtyard Marriott, Sakowitz, or Pavilions?

EDIT: Nevermind, from their website, the address given is the Courtyard by Marriott/Humble Tower Building. I wonder what the hours will be??? Even though many here prefer un-corporate coffee, let's face it--a Starbucks gives a different connotation than say, any other coffee spot. It's also cool that it will basically be at the Main Street Square station.

Edited by GovernorAggie

This would be in addition to the Sbucks going in at the corner of Preston and Fannin (one block east of Main).

Looks to me that they are definietly planning on capturing the courthouse and legal crowd with this location as well as a lot of the baseball crowd that walks from the Preston station.

I'm trying to picture where they would locate on Preston @ Fannin. What empty location is there currently?

The Main @ Dallas location is interesting, considering that the Pavillions would be across the street. And I see that they're moving ahead with work on the Vietnamese (I believe it's Vietnamese) sandwich shop in the parcel facing Travis Street. A good sign for the renovated Humble Tower, because they'd been trying for a while to fill in the retail components of the building.

Well I think that Pavilions all of a sudden give a lot of attractiveness to the Humble Building's retail spaces.

Who knows, maybe that block or so of Main could become somewhat of a "fashion" block with American Apparel, a new shoe store, and maybe the Pavilions would have some clothing type stores along Main. This is in addition to what will be the Macy's.

Edited by GovernorAggie

Well I think that Pavilions all of a sudden give a lot of attractiveness to the Humble Building's retail spaces.

Who knows, maybe that block or so of Main could become somewhat of a "fashion" block with American Apparel, a new shoe store, and maybe the Pavilions would have some clothing type stores along Main. This is in addition to what will be the Macy's.

i thought the American Apparel downtown was a no go, and they were only opening on location down Westheimer?

american apparel store locations

The Humble Building will also see a cool little sneaker boutique opening on Polk and Main in a few months. They'll be the first street fashion retail to open downtown in years (unless you count Jos A Bank)

MY GOODNESS LargeTEXAS! You know that I love you -- but somehow I sense that there must have been a few beads of pure sweat dripping down from your face in lieu of this startling revelation........

.....for we all know simply how hard it is for you to reveal certain details of future development etc. etc. Nevertheless, this is simply an incredible coup for the "Humble Tower", for this kind of street level fashion business will certainly invoke that certiain "aura of cool" that many street level merchants look for......if this boutique really is one of the COOL SHOE STORES that we are all really familiar with -- than this is a coup indeed......

Certainly seems to me that "THE GODS of the Houston Pavilions", are certainly starting to smile down upon downtown Houston...... for I am almost certain that this area is indeed poised to become a fashion retail heaven in the near future -- but then again, only you know that for sure...... ;) right?

......just take your time.....keep us posted.......for this is why we love and trust you.........

Metropolitantexan

I saw the Starbucks on Fannin @ Preston yesterday. The signs are up outside and they are pretty big given the size of the building. They will definitely have a lot of visibility.

Yea I bet they are. I will have to go check them out. They were wanting to make them even bigger but i think a column was in the way if i remember correctly, so it ought to be interesting how they turned out.

Yeah, it's open. Say hey to my hubbie when you go in. ;)

And it's more of a "Walk-Thru" Sbux. There isn't much place to stand around or sit and work on your laptop. It's narrow and ... weird. I think the grand opening was today. Or tomorrow.

Iced tall 2pumps coconut, 1 pump vanilla percent latte

I am not sure if this is already known on here but it looks like a new Starbucks is coming to Dallas and Main downtown. I belive this will be street level. Although I am not a huge fan of the corporate coffee giant, it is always nice to see more street level retail in DT Houston.

try some homegrown coffee and/or tea at tropioca. they need the business a lot more than starbucks.

Edited by houstonmacbro

• The title was changed to Starbucks At 914 Dallas St.