Capital One Bank At 408 Webster St.

ricco67

i tried looking for other topics that might mention this, but what is going on there?

Are you talking about the site that across the Hadley from Lil Woodrows. I believe they are putting in a shopping center there. I have not been over there in a few months so I might be way off, but I seem to remember a sign that read: "Coming Soon - Shopping Center." Of course similar signs are all over midtown so I could be off on the location. :ph34r:

Is this referring to the southwest corner of the Brazos/Webster intersection? I saw a parking lot being dug up there today. A sign says retail/retaurant in the lot, but what site doesn't have that sign in Midtown these days? I'd love to know what the plans are for the site.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this referring to the southwest corner of the Brazos/Webster intersection? I saw a parking lot being dug up there today. A sign says retail/retaurant in the lot, but what site doesn't have that sign in Midtown these days? I'd love to know what the plans are for the site.

Someboby on here must know something about this site. As a previous resident of Midtown I am somwhat interested.

Someboby on here must know something about this site. As a previous resident of Midtown I am somwhat interested.

assuming y'all are talking about that 1-storey deal with artist-like-grafitti (a skeleton with an american top hat or something?) on it, they started turning dirt about a week ago. however, i do not recall the actual building being demoed just yet. ill make a mental note to take a picture on my way home tonight.

The dirt is churned up and the clearing is all done. I saw some stakes set at various points of the property (kind of L shaped).

A few months ago I saw a Hibernia Bank coming soon sign, but since then they have taken it down. I pray that its shopping with the buildings built at sidewalk level.....

I will keep everyone posted as I drive by every morning on my way to work.

• Like 1

a brown building still remains at the corner but it may not be a part of the new development.

there are two buildings, 2218 and 2220 Brazos, that are still there and occupied. According to HCAD.org they are coded as Commercial, though they almost look residential to me. no signage on them other then addresses, and I've seen people inside.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tuscan Builders' web site doesn't leave me with a sense of hope for this highly visible location. They build a BUNCH of crap. When you are reduced to showing suburban style Hibernia Banks, empty strip malls, and an Applebee's as your "work," well, ugggghhh.

Strike another blow to Midtown.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Hadley St. At Gagby St. Development
  • The title was changed to Capital One Bank At 408 Webster St.