NBA Finals

Dallas is killin' 'em! Wade is chokin' big time, first finals. They aren't givin' Shaq the ball enough either. It looks like Dallas is gonna take it. . .

I'd like to see one game in Miami before calling the series over. I'd prefer it to end in Dallas but that'd require 6 or 7 games.

Jason

The Mavs are doing to Shaq what the Rockets did in 95, taking him out of the game. Dirk has become a great player with fantastic fundamentals, something most of the players in the NBA have lost.

The mavs should take this one in 5.

The Mavs are doing to Shaq what the Rockets did in 95, taking him out of the game. Dirk has become a great player with fantastic fundamentals, something most of the players in the NBA have lost.

The mavs should take this one in 5.

I'm thinkin they might sweep. Shaq had 5 points last night! I think that rout might have done to the Heat mentally what Pujols 3 run homer did to Brad Lidge. . .

I'm thinkin they might sweep. Shaq had 5 points last night! I think that rout might have done to the Heat mentally what Pujols 3 run homer did to Brad Lidge. . .

I wanted to say 4 games but I can't believe that Shaq, Alonso and the Heat can't muster one win. Of course that's what I said in 95 when the Rockets swept the Shaq Daddy.

I've never been impressed with Shaq as he's always been a big dufus on the court. He relies solely on his size and has developed very few skills in his pro career. The problem is that he's had no great centers to challenge him since Hakeem. What's worse is that he's not that hard to neutralize when playing defense like Dallas is doing now, which is double team, double team, double team. In other words make someone else on the team beat you.

Kudo's to Avery Johnson for having a very good defensive posture against the Heat. Of course having Dirk doesn't hurt.

Go Mavs!

I wanted to say 4 games but I can't believe that Shaq, Alonso and the Heat can't muster one win. Of course that's what I said in 95 when the Rockets swept the Shaq Daddy.

I've never been impressed with Shaq as he's always been a big dufus on the court. He relies solely on his size and has developed very few skills in his pro career. The problem is that he's had no great centers to challenge him since Hakeem. What's worse is that he's not that hard to neutralize when playing defense like Dallas is doing now, which is double team, double team, double team. In other words make someone else on the team beat you.

Kudo's to Avery Johnson for having a very good defensive posture against the Heat. Of course having Dirk doesn't hurt.

Go Mavs!

Dampiers a pretty big dude and like you said, shaqs power was in tiptoeing a ball in over a smaller defender: not happening with dallas doubling him.

Dampiers a pretty big dude and like you said, shaqs power was in tiptoeing a ball in over a smaller defender: not happening with dallas doubling him.

Yeah, and count on Avery Johnson continuing that Double team.

The thing that urks me, is that Shaq will go down as one of the top 5 centers of all time, when he never played anyone except Olajuwon. I don't think he deserves a top 10 ranking.

lol, it's got nothing to do with being bilingual. I think I find the tone of the PA announcers voice a little...different. The idea is good, unfortunately it would be pretty wack for Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio to do it now--even though it would be just as applicable, IMO.

On the subject of PA Announcers, T. Gray is pretty good at the Rockets games. He has a good voice for it. However, the PA in Dallas sounds like he's straining sometimes. However, the most memorable one to me is Ray Clay from the Bulls glory years. Mason in Detroit is pretty cool most of the time.

Should be a good one 2nite. I think the mavs were just caught off guard by miamis lame distraction techniques. Lame free throw noisemakers. The entire crowd wearing white. They'll be ready for that garbage tonight. They only lost by 2 points tuesday. That's hardly a loss.

The Spurs are my favorite team, but I really wanted the Mavericks to win. Better luck next year.

Nice, tam. Even put the German version link, so Nowitzski can read it. :lol:

Mark Cuban really illustrated the pitfalls of an owner making himself the center of attention. For weeks, he was a darling of the media, "new kind of owner", etc. But, by Game 5, he had become the media's favorite target. His over-the-top whining, combined with his childish rants and antics, had everyone concentrating on him instead of the team. Many commentators even blame him for the Mavs problems, claiming his constant complaints about "hard fouls" came back to bite him with the Stackhouse ejection.

In the end, what we found was not the NBA being rigged, but basketball fans (outside of Dallas) being unimpressed with big-mouthed billionaires. By the end of the series, I could not even root for the Mavs. It's a shame, since Cuban, other than his mouth, is a very good owner...anyone remember the Mavs of the 90s?

Mark Cuban really illustrated the pitfalls of an owner making himself the center of attention. For weeks, he was a darling of the media, "new kind of owner", etc. But, by Game 5, he had become the media's favorite target. His over-the-top whining, combined with his childish rants and antics, had everyone concentrating on him instead of the team. Many commentators even blame him for the Mavs problems, claiming his constant complaints about "hard fouls" came back to bite him with the Stackhouse ejection.

In the end, what we found was not the NBA being rigged, but basketball fans (outside of Dallas) being unimpressed with big-mouthed billionaires. By the end of the series, I could not even root for the Mavs. It's a shame, since Cuban, other than his mouth, is a very good owner...anyone remember the Mavs of the 90s?

As much as I wanted Dallas to win just so a Championship would return to Texas and so that Dallas would finallay get a much deserved NBA championship. Mark Cuban made me wish even more for them not to win. This is kind of like "Ha HA you annoying little prick" :lol:

Just when I think there is no hope for you, you reel me back in. I cannot agree more with you about Mark Cuban. He needs to go sit in his luxury suite and smoke his stogies and drink his 100 year old brandy, and keep his carcass off the arena floor, and quit being a distraction.

In the end, what we found was not the NBA being rigged, but basketball fans (outside of Dallas) being unimpressed with big-mouthed billionaires.

I'm interetsted to know what source(s) you would cite, or which "basketball fans (outside of Dallas)" you polled to come to that determination. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to obtain actual comments from actual fans (outside of Dallas) who might disagree with your statement. As a matter of fact, read the entire page for more insight.

I think the Mavericks should have done a better job of making free throws down the stretch. However, there's no denying that the refs played an uneccessary role in the Mavs' demise. . .and it's not an excuse for them to make bougus calls against the Mavericks in retalitation for Mark Cuban's criticisms of NBA officiating. Mr. Stern, NBA Owners, players, and fans should expect more than that.

I'm interetsted to know what source(s) you would cite, or which "basketball fans (outside of Dallas)" you polled to come to that determination. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to obtain actual comments from actual fans (outside of Dallas) who might disagree with your statement. As a matter of fact, read the entire page for more insight.

I think the Mavericks should have done a better job of making free throws down the stretch. However, there's no denying that the refs played an uneccessary role in the Mavs' demise. . .and it's not an excuse for them to make bougus calls against the Mavericks in retalitation for Mark Cuban's criticisms of NBA officiating. Mr. Stern, NBA Owners, players, and fans should expect more than that.

It's no excuse for bogus calls...? Get real, no team loses 4 straight games due to bogus calls. The Heat won fair and square. They're obviously the better team. I for one think that Irk (got no "D") drew off Cuban's whininess throughout the series. Every time a call was made against him he gave that ugly, angry, scowl, whiny, etc. face. Had he only come through in any of the 4th quarters that the Mavs lost, the series would've been different.

This series definitely turned me against the Mavs, Irk and Cuban and into a huge D-Wade fan. Talk about unstoppable. Even the basketball genius that Avery Johnson is couldn't come up with a way to stop Wade from dropping 35+ a night.

And I wasn't a Heat fan prior to this series.

Come on, dude! Didn't you watch the news? We just got flooded here on Monday. Now, all of the Dallas crying about the refs is going to flood us again.

PS - Never cry about officiating to Houston fans. We tried it in the 70s...didn't work. Pittsburgh still went to the Super Bowl. :o

You bet, everyone is out ot get Mark Cuban.............NEXT !

I'm interetsted to know what source(s) you would cite, or which "basketball fans (outside of Dallas)"

Dude. Just do a Google News search.

There are essay's from Coast to Coast laughing at Dallas, their pre-mature parade planning, and the cry baby owner.

Just do it.

Archived