Construction Has Stopped On Studewood St.

Guest Malvoe

Guest Malvoe

Just found this site - some good info here. Anyone know what is up with the construction on Studewood? It has completely stopped since they opened the southbound lane below 11th. North of 11th there is a dumpster, 2 piles of rebar, and a mound of dirt that haven't been touched in 2 months. This project has become beyond ridiculous.

If it stopped, it must have been in the last ten minutes. I just drove up Studewood from White Oak, and they had a crew working on the directional signals for the reversible center lane. Last week they were pouring concrete at the Conoco at White Oak, and this morning they were setting forms to pour sidewalks at Fitzgeralds. The rain tends to run concrete crews away, for obvious reasons.

An article in another thread on this subject stated they would be finished in June. It looks like they may still make it.

Just found this site - some good info here. Anyone know what is up with the construction on Studewood? It has completely stopped since they opened the southbound lane below 11th. North of 11th there is a dumpster, 2 piles of rebar, and a mound of dirt that haven't been touched in 2 months. This project has become beyond ridiculous.

The only work I've seen anyone doing north of 11th is some curb work at 14th and new driveways at 20th. I've been driving by that pile of rusting rebar just south of 14th for weeks.

B)

BTW, welcome to the group.

Oh yes. The rebar. I wave at it everyday as I take a right on W Temple to go home. It seems the project is just going swimmingly until you hit 11th. The road appears ready for 2 way traffic except for that pesky pile...

Edited by heights_yankee

We should remove the barrels ourselves.

HAHA! I almost his "post" on the same thing yesterday in the woodland heights BB's. I haven't seen ANY work done, its a good thing Red has I guess, someone to continue the urban myth.

The work below 11th has stopped as well, at least it is open, but far from "complete".

Steel re-enforcing bar for concrete paving-amoung other things.

alternate defintion:

piles of left over re-enforcing bar that is sitting all twisted up along the sides of studewood rusting in the rain and anxiously awaiting unsuspecting bike riders/dogs/tires/kids.

alternate defintion:

piles of left over re-enforcing bar that is sitting all twisted up along the sides of studewood rusting in the rain and anxiously awaiting unsuspecting bike riders/dogs/tires/kids.

Good one, wendy! ;)

B)

HAHA! I almost his "post" on the same thing yesterday in the woodland heights BB's. I haven't seen ANY work done, its a good thing Red has I guess, someone to continue the urban myth.

The work below 11th has stopped as well, at least it is open, but far from "complete".

Man, now I feel bad for actually having seen work being performed. Sorry to ruin the rant. :(

Man, now I feel bad for actually having seen work being performed. Sorry to ruin the rant. :(

I did see workers this morning. They weren't working on the street, but they were putting in a new sidewalk by Fitzgerald's and building some curbs farther up.

I think the rant is aimed from 11th to 20th where work has slowed to a snail's pace the last few months and the still un-opened N. bound lanes are full of construction debris.

I think the rant is aimed from 11th to 20th where work has slowed to a snail's pace the last few months and the still un-opened N. bound lanes are full of construction debris.

Who cares about 11th to 20th? I only use the part from White Oak to 11th. :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, it looks like the entire roadway is finished. Only some curbing and sidewalks. The barrels will stay until the overhead directional arrows are functional. Other than the weather, the reason these things slow up at the end is that the contractor sends most of the crews to new jobs to keep cash flow going. Only a small crew stays to finish the light work.

It sucks, but that's the way the business is.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Malvoe

You got it! Although it seems like activity has picked up this week again. Maybe it will be done by October or so.

• 1 month later...
Well, according to the 'hood website, two way traffic is now open up to 14th. 3 more blocks....

Yep...and it looks like the N. Main/Studewood/E. 20th/Cavalcade intersection is just about ready to wrap up so hopefully by September..........[fingers crossed]

Ohh! I hadn't been up there in a couple of days.. I'm buying a place between 14th and 20th and this will greatly help in my getting to Memorial.. :D Rather than having to navigate through the neighborhood..

Hopefully the whole thing will be done in a month.

Guest Malvoe
Hopefully the whole thing will be done in a month.

:lol:

They've been getting a lot done over the past couple of weeks, so I'm thinking we're due for one more 2 month stoppage of work before they completely finish.

They are working on the traffic signals at Studewood and White Oak today. As Studewood drivers know, the contraflow center lane cannot be opened until the directional signals are rewired. That appears to be going on as we speak. Look for the southern section to open soon, northern section to follow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...