Waterway Square The Woodlands Moves Ahead

bachanon

We went there yesterday and we were not pleased at all. I ordered a croissant with chocolate butter. They were supposed to heat the croissant so the butter would melt. Nope. I had ordered it to go and 2 minutes outside the shop I realized the croissant was not warm and there were four cold chunks of butter on my croissant. I waited 10 minutes for this?

The chocolate was yummy but I was only able to enjoy it with 4 or 5 bites of my croissant.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We went there yesterday and we were not pleased at all. I ordered a croissant with chocolate butter. They were supposed to heat the croissant so the butter would melt. Nope. I had ordered it to go and 2 minutes outside the shop I realized the croissant was not warm and there were four cold chunks of butter on my croissant. I waited 10 minutes for this?

typical suburban service IMO.

The chocolate was yummy but I was only able to enjoy it with 4 or 5 bites of my croissant.

i'd try again and mention your dissatisfaction. i think they may have opened before they were ready.

bye a house anywhere along or south of 242 and your value is going through the ceiling! What a great place to live.

:mellow: Not really.

From an investment standpoint, you are lucky to break even out in the burbs. I would never buy this far out from a major city with the intention of making money. We are currently selling and hoping to break even with what we have put into the house. IMHO, the cool down has begun in Sterling Ridge.

so what's the latest on this 17/21 story building to be going up? Also what about the Anadarko expansion? Aren't they getting a new sister tower as well?

i doubt anadarko is working on the "sister" tower, being as they've recently laid off 3000 employees.

i do not think the hotel and residential tower will come about until after the completion of waterway square, 24 waterway and adjacent restaurants.

• 4 weeks later...
i doubt anadarko is working on the "sister" tower, being as they've recently laid off 3000 employees.

This was back in 2003 when this information relayed to me by the project manager of the first tower. Things may have changed since then. Prior to the layoffs the company boasted about never ever having a layoff, even during the oil bust of the 1980's. The bulk of the recent layoffs (as I understand them) came from overlap created when Anadarko merged several companies. They're hiring again, so who knows?

The Waterway is coming along great though. Very impressive.

• 2 months later...
Where is this at exactly?

Is it across the street from Market Street/HEB area, near Cynthia Woods? Or is it closer to the old movie theater near Landrys?

Here are some renderings of the waterway projects:

http://www.thewoodlands.com/woodlands-commercial/

I finally got the chance to answer my own question. It's across the street from the original tinsletown. It's coming along nicely. I'll head over there and take some pics when I get a chance.

one

facing north

two

facing southeast

three

facing southeast

five

facing southeast. completed development on right.

four

facing northwest w/ completed development on left. Americas will be right there. Out of picture further to the left are the brownstones. In the back left in the background is the Marriot.

First time doing this. Pics aren't the greatest, but.

And I couldn't get them pasted b/c the whole "dynamic" thing. And when trying to upload them, the files were too big.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that! I drove in from College Station (I go to A&M) and couldn't believe the trees that were gone. They have cleared a lot at the corner of Woodlands Pkwy and Many Pines and also a lot right next to 24 Waterway (as you've already stated). Just amazing. It will be called "The Woodless" if all this building keeps up.

• 2 weeks later...
the link is in my signature and irrelevant to this discussion. ;) the link takes you to my yelp.com reviews.

hahaha. >:) I never followed that link before but this time it seemed to be connected. Guess I was not looking at the signature in the past. Thanks for getting on track again!

• 3 months later...
Looks like the structure itself is done. They're probably just finishing the inside. I'll see if I can take some pics today if I have time.

It's done? I live in The Woodlands. I know they just completed 24 Waterway (the 13 story structure). Are they one in the same?

It's done? I live in The Woodlands. I know they just completed 24 Waterway (the 13 story structure). Are they one in the same?

I guess I'm not sure. I think bachanon is correct. I always get all the 'waterways' mixed up. Maybe someone can googlemap the image of this 17-story residential and 10-story boutique hotel so we can get back on topic and on the same page.

actually, theniche just posted an announcement about "4 waterway square". this could mean that either the condo or the hotel tower are out of luck. they were just in the master plan. market forces may have changed the priority on one or both of those.

btw, waterway avenue is a street. the woodlands waterway is the waterway itself. waterway square is the public space that most of these building are being built around.

Archived