Houston has been ranked as the nation's "cleanest city"

bizjournals.com

Houston sweeps up in cleanliness survey

Tuesday May 23, 3:36 pm ET

Houston has been ranked as the nation's "cleanest city" according to a recent survey conducted by Verizon Information Services.

The survey ranked cities based on the number of vendors in the area selling cleaning services via Verizon's SuperPages.com site, an online information directory.

According to the company's research, Dallas -- ranked eighth -- was the only other Texas city to make the list. Houston was followed by Los Angeles, Manhattan and Chicago.

Verizon Information Services is a division of New York-based Verizon Communications Corp. (NYSE: VZ - News).

Published May 23, 2006 by the Houston Business Journal

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/060523/1292619.html?.v=1

The list really is talking about cleaning services be it products or agents who do the actual cleaning so maybe there's more truth to it than we might realize.

On just general cleanliness, my experiences show my that Seattle, Denver, San Diego (off the top of my head) are noticeably cleaner as far as cities over 500K are concerned. That said, you'd be amazed by how trashy a lot of cities are. While I doubt Houston is among the five or even ten cleanest cities over 500,000, it certainly isn't among the ten or twenty dirtiest.

Well, if they can rank us Fattest based on how many fast food listing are in the phone book, I suppose they can use the same criteria for Cleanest.

Seems to me that if you combine fast food listings and cleaning services listings, you might also come up with "Laziest". :o

I'm thinking we need another topic category for "Strange City Rankings". :D

Maybe Houston is so clean because people stay home cleaning instead of trying to learn their way around, which is why it is the hardest city to navigate. Or whatever. :ph34r:

yes, a new forum topic is on order :D

add to the list:

Here are the top 10 cloggiest cities, based on a survey of 2,500 Americans in the top 25 markets:

1. New York

2. Miami/Fort Lauderdale

3. Los Angeles

4. Philadelphia

5. Houston

6. Atlanta

7. Chicago

8. Portland, OR

9. Indianapolis

10. San Francisco Bay Area

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060424/cgm053.html?.v=38

so does thta mean we also stay home and poo alot, too? :blink:^_^

yes, a new forum topic is on order :D

add to the list:

Here are the top 10 cloggiest cities, based on a survey of 2,500 Americans in the top 25 markets:

1. New York

2. Miami/Fort Lauderdale

3. Los Angeles

4. Philadelphia

5. Houston

6. Atlanta

7. Chicago

8. Portland, OR

9. Indianapolis

10. San Francisco Bay Area

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060424/cgm053.html?.v=38

so does thta mean we also stay home and poo alot, too? :blink:^_^

I know I'm doing my part ! <_<:D

Yeah? I'd think bacon grease would keep a person pretty regular, but not exactly in a good way. But then if you're regular, I suppose that's all that matters.

You can find a new use for all THOSE WIRE HAAAAANNNNGGGGGEEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSSSS ! ! ! ! ! Unclog the toilets.icon8.gif

If the ranking is based on a large number of cleaning services, wouldn't that indicate that Houston is dirtier than other cities, so it needs more services?

Quit trying to ruin it editor, let us have this one thing............this one , meaningless, little nothing, of a title. You cold-hearted BA$TARD (ssssssoooooooooobbbbbbbb) ! ! ! Anyone have a tissue ?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived