Houstons next mayor

Oy vey. Nobody is up-in-arms.

But...

1. She wears zoot-suits. She must share a tailor with Dominique Sanchez.

2. She's a show-boat camera hog.

3. Nobody can tell me one of her accomplishments .

4. Her constituency could care less as long as she raises a stink now and then.

Why should I like her?

Please make a list of reasons.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love all the Conservatives who get all up in arms because a DEM supposedly ain't nice.

You know, cuz all REPUBS are angels and the talking pundits on their side spew nothing but lemon drops and gumballs.

I love all the Democrats who simply feel they need to embrace the self-righteous, that feel they DESERVE to be treated a certain way because they think they are above the Peons who voted them into office.

I love all the Democrats who simply feel they need to embrace the self-righteous, that feel they DESERVE to be treated a certain way because they think they are above the Peons who voted them into office.

Please...this is ALL of Congress. The party names are interchangeable.

But...

Why should I like her?

If true, 3. would be the only valid reason.

To pretend personalities and perceptions don't affect politics is naive.

Otherwise Congress would be full of very efficient a-holes who dress badly.

And that would be bad how?

I gave you plenty of examples, I find her to be a hypocrite. If you choose not to read the information I provided, that is up to you.

I went back and read your right wing propaganda link. So Shelia may have broken the rules with her limo service. I've seen Shelia recently, and yes, the walk to the capitol would do her good but otherwise big f-ing deal. With all the slimy goings on in Congress they choose to focus on her ride to work? How about focusing on the 20 million limo contract HLS gave to a convicted felon suspected of carting around hookers for Congressmembers political favors? Talk about diverting attention on trivial matters.

Please...this is ALL of Congress. The party names are interchangeable.

Show me an example of another congressperson who has acted as PIUS as this woman.

The Weekly Standard ? Right -wing propaganda, ummmm, really?

HLS, Houston Livestock Show ? Can you provide a link, I haven't heard about this, and AGAIN, read the topic of this thread, we are talking about mayoral candidates, does your tangent include a name brought up for a Houston mayoral Candidate in the HLS?

Show me an example of another congressperson who has acted as PIUS as this woman.

HLS, Houston Livestock Show ? Can you provide a link, I haven't heard about this, and AGAIN, read the topic of this thread, we are talking about mayoral candidates, does your tangent include a name brought up for a Houston mayoral Candidate in the HLS?

[psssttt...Homeland Security Limo's delivering prostitutes to Congressmen Cunningham and others at the Watergate...] http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2802345_pf.html

B)

[psssttt...Homeland Security Limo's delivering prostitutes to Congressmen Cunningham and others at the Watergate...] http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2802345_pf.html

B)

Thank You. That's what I was looking for.

Big word in there that you need to look up West, "alleged". I won't be such a prude as to assume that it didn't happen. Goverment officials have a long history of getting prostitutes. I didn't see any mention of anyone form Houston in there, so let's get back to the topic at hand of bad choices for Houston Mayor.

Department of Homeland Security. Don't have a link. But it came out in the Cunningham investigation that prostitutes were shuttled around DC for sexual favors for congressman, namely Cunningham. This is still under investigation and nothing has been pr oven yet. What is a fact though is the Dept. of HLS gave the owner of this limo company, a convicted felon, a 20 million dollar contract to haul department workers around DC. Somewhat more of substance than Shelia's limo scandal don't you think?

Sorry about straying off topic but TJ asked! It's his fault! :)

Caroll Robinson.

As for, Sheila Jacckson Lee. . .as much as I hate to agree with MidtownCoog, I have to because he is right with regard to the congress womans short/nonexistent list of accomplishments. The standard for which we judge our congressmen and women by has historically been the number of bills they write AND get passed into actual legislation. She has offered up lots of amendments to bills written by others, and a vast majority of whatever she offers hasn't received one single co-sponsor. She doesn't appear to be very effective, in my opinion. Mostly hot air. On the flip side, though, I guess one could look at all of her activity, and come away with the impression that she is doing something with her time, by the sheer number of amendments, rules, and other proposed legislation she's either offered, or co-sponsored. Don't take my word for it though. Check it out for yourself, here.

• 5 years later...

But...

Why should I like her?

1. I don't know who Dominique Sanchez is

2. I agree, I don't care too much for politicians my self

3. What is wrong with Zoot suits?

Archived