The Plaza At Indian Springs: Mixed-Use In The Woodlands

bachanon

I heard this evening that a 10 acre tract at the corner of Kuykendahl and Flintridge has been purchased for a "green", mixed-use complex, next to the Indian Springs shopping center. I. M. Pei is supposed to be coming in for ground breaking or some announcement in the future. I can find no mention of this in any publication. The project is to include top notch restaurants and chefs from around the world. No chains. (katiedidit will be pleased).

if anyone knows about this project..........spill.

I heard this evening that a 10 acre tract at the corner of Kuykendahl and Flintridge has been purchased for a "green", mixed-use complex, next to the Indian Springs shopping center. I. M. Pei is supposed to be coming in for ground breaking or some announcement in the future. I can find no mention of this in any publication. The project is to include top notch restaurants and chefs from around the world. No chains. (katiedidit will be pleased).

Bach, keep us posted on this..I would not be the only one "pleased" by something more urban back here.

My thought is though, that whole corner is already under construction and designed, there isn't anymore land of that size left to develop. It would also be hard to imagine something so upscale placed next to a 24 Hour Fitness. Maybe its that little plot of land in the HEB Center, but I think that's only 3 acres. It could also be farther down the road near Carlton Woods Creekside.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what pans out.

there is a woodlands area publication called "in cahoots". it is specifically for carlton woods residents and one other 500k and up community here in the woodlands. i'm told that there was mention of this project in that publication. "in cahoots" does not have a website, only a press kit. if anyone has access to a recent issue, they may know more.

Indian Springs Office/Restaurant Complex

Here is a link for this project.

WOW. :wub: Wish we had bought in that area. However, I know there will be an uproar over this considering how upset they got over the HEB. But I would love to live closer to such things, being an urbanite.

They must have bought some of the land over by the 24 fitness, because I don't know where else there is 10 free acres

welcome to the forum tom, and thanks for the link.

katiedidit, there is, or was, a sign facing kuykendahl, to the south of the HEB center advertising for a 10 acre tract for sale or development.

welcome to the forum tom, and thanks for the link.

katiedidit, there is, or was, a sign facing kuykendahl, to the south of the HEB center advertising for a 10 acre tract for sale or development.

Oh, ok. I knew there was land there but I didn't think it was that big.

This is great. I hope they start soon.

whoop, there it is!

May 16, 2006, 2:58PM

Project seeks environmental designation

Woodlands office complex planned using 'green' material

By BETH KUHLES

Chronicle Correspondent

Another new development

Well, I am joyous about getting Italian back here, even if I don't think D'Amicos is that great. Bach, I'm wondering if his Northern Italian will truley be "upscale," because you would be stretching to call D'Amicos upscale.

rumour has it that rao has been, or will be, in italy looking for a chef. i've heard mixed things about d'amico's. at least we have yet another opportunity to have some decent restaurants. i hope they are decent. as far as "upscale"? i can only hope.

i'm a bit dismayed that ms. kuhles of the chronicle didn't find it necessary to name or identify the architect of the project. this is another example of houston media ignoring the slightest attention to the profession of architecture. it's no wonder our city continues to put out boring, banal, regurgitated buildings. bad beth kuhles.

• 4 months later...

there were renderings via other links mentioned earlier in this thread. if you cannot find one at pei partners or partnership, you might check out the woodlands resident website (www.thewoodlands.net) or the woodlands villager and possibly the south montgomery county chamber of commerce website.

i was unimpressed with the rendering. i think the LEED certification and the functionality of the development will be its best assets. hopefully, i'll be pleasantly surprised when it's built.

• 2 months later...

he (pei) is still alive? wow ... way to go!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From what I have heard I would be surprised if Rao opens all three resturants. :ph34r: St. Luke's pulling out has left a big question mark as to what will go in that area. With St. Lukes in that slot, the complex was confirmed as a solid complex without any low desirable renters next to "upscale" restuarants.

I think the ambigiousness of that space, and the lack of progress in construction, is going to cause many to loose patience and find another place to build.Its not like there isn't plenty of open land around here.

Its a wait and see game I guess.

• 1 month later...

well, it just gets worse. a little bird told me this evening (tues) that this project has, for the most part, completely fallen apart. the developer is blaming the construction company, the developer is trying to cover his a** and so on. the project will no longer be LEED certified, the fountain(s) will not be what was originally planned. one restaurant may be built along with a separate building for doctor's offices. :angry2:

Archived