Boy Scouts Of America Building At 815 1/2 Main St.

Modernceo

Boy Scouts of America building and supply store downtown ?

I went to eat at Christians Tailgate bar over near Bagby after going to the International Festival today.

Its situated right across from the Boy Scouts of America headquarters (or what used to be the headquarters) downtown. I remember as a kid in the 80's going downtown with my dad to go to the headquarters, and then we would cross the street to a much smaller building (now razed) to buy my uniform, patches, supplies, etc.

The original headquarters is still there, and its a interesting single story building with rock facade on the exterior. It looks like a 50's, 60's era building that was converted into the BSA headquarters at some point, but now looks vacant. I havent been active in BSA for some time now (got my Eagle scout and took off!) so Im not sure where they may have moved the new headquarters.

Anyone have any input on where the new building is ? OR, if anyone is going to take over the old BSA building, etc ? If you have input, please share !

Apparently, they are big into that rock facade thing. The new Taj Mahal, located on North Loop 610 at TC Jester, has rock facades all over it.

Pretty impressive that you made Eagle. I cratered at Life, I believe. I think it was because they did not have a Beer Merit Badge.

Thanks for your post and congratulations Redscare!

Anyone else have any input on this building, or its new location ?

Redscare pretty much covered it. It is a big beautiful building. Reminds me of a ski lodge.

Actual location is S/E corner of East T C Jester at Loop 610.

Go by and take a look, you cannot miss it.

• The title was changed to Boy Scouts Of America Building And Supply Store Downtown ?
  • The title was changed to Boy Scouts Of America Building At 815 1/2 Main St.