2006 NFL Draft

houstonsemipro

This is what the Associated Press sees the TOP TEN picks for this weekend NFL DRAFT...

1. Reggie Bush - Houston

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson - New Orleans

3. Matt Leinart - Tennesse

4. Mario Williams - New York Jets

5. A.J. Hawk - Green Bay

6. Vernon Davis - San Francisco

7. Vince Young - Oakland

8. Haloti Ngata - Buffalo

9. Mike Huff - Detroit

10. Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona

I will be going to the NFL DRAFT PARTY at Relaint Stadium this weekend. I will be cheering on for Reggie Bush to make his debut as a Texan.

Don't mess it people! Live coverage starts at 10 am - 4pm on ESPN.

This is what the Associated Press sees the TOP TEN picks for this weekend NFL DRAFT...

1. Reggie Bush - Houston

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson - New Orleans

3. Matt Leinart - Tennesse

4. Mario Williams - New York Jets

5. A.J. Hawk - Green Bay

6. Vernon Davis - San Francisco

7. Vince Young - Oakland

8. Haloti Ngata - Buffalo

9. Mike Huff - Detroit

10. Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona

I will be going to the NFL DRAFT PARTY at Relaint Stadium this weekend. I will be cheering on for Reggie Bush to make his debut as a Texan.

Don't mess it people! Live coverage starts at 10 am - 4pm on ESPN.

:angry2: BALONY!!! :angry2:

Reggie Bush and Vince Young are NOT trading states!! Ain't no way my boy V. Young's gonna be drafted less than 5th. I can't see Young being passed up by Green Bay if he's still available. Farve ain't gonna be in the NFL for that much longer! The Associated Press better RECOGNIZE!!!!

I know that party will be a hot one at Reliant, but also check out IFest after the draft:) I'll be expecting some cheers and some serious boos after Bush got drafted. Here's why...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3820173.html

:lol: Even Mattress Mac is juiced up!!!

Yeah, ol Mac needs to simmer down. The only reason he's worried is all the money he's already plunked down with VY for his own marketing purposes. Have you seen all the VY memoribilia around Gallery Furniture? He's obviously speaking with his pocketbook while trying to play the "home town" card. He stands to get more return on his investment if VY is wearning a Texans jersey in his commercials next year.

I don't think McNair's shaking in his boots...

The only problem I see with this is the number 3 spot. Even though Fisher and that Def. Coordinator of his both went to USC. Bud Adams wants @$$e$ in seats, so he might trump Jeff and go with the Vince Young show.

The only problem I see with this is the number 3 spot. Even though Fisher and that Def. Coordinator of his both went to USC. Bud Adams wants @$$e$ in seats, so he might trump Jeff and go with the Vince Young show.

Bud may live in Houston, but where his team plays, T is for Tennessee.

NEW FLASH FOR ALL y'all VINCE YOUNG FANS OUT THERE!!!! TEXANS WILL NOT PICK VINCE IN THE DRAFT. HERE'S THE STORY...

Texans GM: Team won't pick Young

Associated Press

The Houston Texans will take Southern Cal running back Reggie Bush or North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams with the first pick in Saturday's draft, general manager Charley Casserly said today.

The Texans dashed the hopes of University of Texas fans everywhere who have been clamoring for the team to pick Vince Young, a Houston native who led the Longhorns to a Rose Bowl victory over Bush and USC.

"We came to the conclusion that to draft a quarterback, whether it be Vince Young, Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler, was not the best thing for this football team,'' Casserly said. "The best thing for this football team was to use the first pick in this draft to add a premier player at another position.''

Casserly said that part of their decision-making process involved contacting other teams to see if there was any interest in trading for their pick.

"Right now we have nobody interested in that first pick, so we have gone ahead and begun negotiations with two players,'' Casserly said.

Link... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3821728.html

They also interviewed Reggie Bush, and he mention that he's making his own shoe line that will be on market in 2007.

So, are you agreeing with me or what ? :lol::lol::lol: I can't decipher your rhetoric sometimes. :P

damn conservatives. Here, let me type slow, so you'll understand. :lol:

Vince Young is not considered quite the player of the millenium outside of Houston based Texas fans. In a nationwide poll, only in Texas was VY considered a #1 pick...and not by much. Everywhere else, Bush was rated much higher. Plus, there are only a handful of offenses that consider a running QB valuable. Most, including Tennessee, value pocket passers more than runners.

And the only UT allegiance in Nashville is the Vols. So, Vince wouldn't get them that excited up there.

damn conservatives. Here, let me type slow, so you'll understand. :lol:

Vince Young is not considered quite the player of the millenium outside of Houston based Texas fans. In a nationwide poll, only in Texas was VY considered a #1 pick...and not by much. Everywhere else, Bush was rated much higher. Plus, there are only a handful of offenses that consider a running QB valuable. Most, including Tennessee, value pocket passers more than runners.

And the only UT allegiance in Nashville is the Vols. So, Vince wouldn't get them that excited up there.

He would still be a bigger draw and more TV coverage than Lienhart. That equals CASH for Butt Adams, and that is all he cares about.

See, TJ? Semipro agrees with me. That means your opinion SUCKS!

Yeah, semipro being on YOUR side is definately a tell-tale sign of something ? I think now that you have two personas on this website. <_<

You will now be known to me as Semi-Red !

i think people need to get off the vince young bandwagon. i may be a little biased...but i think he could be just as effective as a wideout and probably better suited at that position at this time. given the proper coaching he will be pretty good at QB but bush is still who we need to draft right now.

According to the Chronicle...

Williams, a native of Richlands, N.C., is the fourth consecutive defensive player the Texans will have selected in the first round. He follows tackle Travis Johnson, cornerback Dunta Robinson and Babin.

So Texans, your last four picks at this position did not neccesarily win ball game. So the question is...

life04.jpg

Deal or no deal? (They chose the Mario Williams suitcase).

You know, N.O.'s talking about possibly trading their 2nd pick in the draft. Thinking what I'm think?...

I bet my lame-ass lawyer brother-in-law $100 last month that neither Bush nor Young would get the pick. He looked at me like: what could a gay guy like you know about football??? He took the bet. Tomorrow I'll be taking the cash :lol:

B)

Mario Williams is talented. But if Reggie Bush rushes for over 1000 yards this season, and the Texans don't win more than 7 games this season, the Casserly shouldn't be Texans GM in 2007. He's good at his job, but they took a HUGE gamble and lost a LOT of money going for Williams. Lets see how they do this season...

I think we need to trade for another 1st round draft pick somehow

Seems to me, the Texans listened to both sides, and agreed with both of them. The Vince Young camp said that we have a 1000 yard rusher already, in Dominack Davis. The Reggie Bush crowd said we already got a capable QB in David Carr. Apparently, the Texans agreed, and since they were short on DLs, due to the 3-4 allignment (they're going to a 4-3 this year) and Gary Walker's release, Mario comes up big. Frankly, it is hard to disagree with that reasoning. Further, I'm impressed with an offensive minded coach drafting defensive players.

For those who do not follow NC State football like I do, I'll point out that Mario Williams was the best player on a defense that ranked 8th in the country last year, which is a DROP from the No. 1 defense in the country in 2004. The National Champion Longhorn defense ranked 10th and 23rd, respectively.

This guy is no slouch.

The guy isn't a slouch, he is quick, has great size and is a great prospect. That doesn't mean he is the number 1 draft choice in a draft with this much star power and potential. Mario will probably start this year, but unless he turns out to be Lawrence Taylor re-incarnated or Bruce Smith, its a bad pick. Don't think you can even blame this one on Casserly, he's not that stupid - got to be the man himself Bob McNair driving this one.

At least one player from this draft will be a star - I think Vince, Matt, Reggie are all going to be. We'll see if Mario is as good as someone from the Texans thinks he is.

As for NC State football, their defense was tough, but they also had the benefit of 2 defensive ends that could dominate on the college level, as well as a scheme that called for blitzing consistently. Not sure if we'll have any of those benefits here next year.

Once again, this is why I've never been able to fully get behind the Texans - its got a joke of a head office. A lot of wondering who is in charge and who actually makes the decision. In the end, the product on the field suffers the most.

Pay up CHUMP ! I called it. Republicans rule and Liberals DROOL ! :P:lol:

:lol:

I don't care who the Titans pick, and I REALLY don't care where Vince Young plays. However....my entire family went to NC State, so I am not upset at all to see Super Mario go Number 1. :P

:lol:

I don't care who the Titans pick, and I REALLY don't care where Vince Young plays. However....my entire family went to NC State, so I am not upset at all to see Super Mario go Number 1. :P

Yeah, I keep looking at this as that they are going to build around Carr. They just want to solid up the "D" because with the 4-3 coming, they need him. I just pray they get some "O" linemen. For the love of Mike, get some decent linemen to protect the franchise. :(

The Texans just mention that they might be looking outside the draft at Marcel Shipp, the runningback from Arizona Cardinals, or just re-sign Wells.

Furthermore, they mention in Round 2 of the draft they will take Eric Winston, tackle from Miami, (if he doesn't get picked in the 1st Round). Texans will not draft an QB, Fullback, nor a DT in the draft.

Archived