Couric joining the CBS Evening News

What is up with all the animosity and name calling when it comes to this woman? Did she do something to you personally? If you don't like her or you think she's a "hack", don't watch her. Watch FAUXNews. That way you won't have to think for yourselves. :lol:

B)

Edited by nmainguy

I pity the fool who falls for her fake persona.

:lol::lol:

MrTdance.gif

Seriously, if she were that bad a journalist or persona, why would the Today show have been #1 for as many years as it has?

Also, it was pretty damn fast to find a replacement on the Today Show, wasn't it?! Now ABC's shaken up, and has to find a replacement for the Vierra's spot on the highly rated "The View". I can already see where this is going. Kelly Ripa. Damn, this is fun!!!!!

What is up with all the animosity and name calling when it comes to this woman? Did she do something to you personally? If you don't like her or you think she's a "hack", don't watch her. Watch FAUXNews. That way you won't have to think for yourselves. :lol:

B)

You're kidding right? The Today show is specifically designed and caters to those who are too lazy too think. Why is it number 1 in the ratings? The same reason shows like American Idol & CSI are number one - because American's are too fat, dumb, and lazy to actually think for themselves. Thinking that Couric is going to bring any validity to a network that allowed one man to sink their ship with his personal agenda is foolish.

Bob Schiffer can't stay because he's almost 200 years old. Network news anchors do not give up their seats easily because the networks like to build brands around them. He'll probably retire after a couple of years any (because his name isn't Mike Wallace).

Uh...they hired her-for a lot of $$...maybe I'm not sure who you are responding to.

B)

I was responding to MidtownCoog and Jeebus.

They (tv news personalities) are all just talking heads. I don't watch any news on television, let alone the network evening news, because I get all on my news on the internet. I just think she shouldn't be judged before she has had a chance to show what she can do. Who among us likes to be judged and told we're no good at something before we've even done it? Dollars to donuts, no one does.

I just think she shouldn't be judged before she has had a chance to show what she can do.

I'm not doubting she'll be able to read the teleprompter quite accurately. I'm judging her on her shallow, insincere, "blonde", diva, & sometimes rude personality she daily portrays on the Today show.

Just pray Matt Lousy doesn't get a network desk job - then you'd never hear the end of it from me.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 cents on this topic is that KC is the WORST choice for this job. She is a total phoney that cheerleads for the movement that is popular at any given time. When the war in Iraq started in 03 she was a totally with the Bush regime and had on marines on Today to promote the war and dehumanize the civilian casulaties on the other side. Fast forward a few years and now she has turned into a flaming liberal totally knocking Bush and having on people who speak of the leaking of information and the funds unaccounted for in the war.

Every journalist is bias and must accept that fact. I can't stand people who are inconsistent and change colors to go with the flow. She seems a total fake that is just trying to be popular all of the time. Also, she seems to be very full of herself and is probably bossy and mean off camera.

Meredith Vierra would be a much better choice for CBS simly because she is much more real and down to earth. She has never really been very political in her stance on things and that is a great thing.

However, the job really should have gone to Ann Curry because she has been doing Today for so long with a consistently strong performance. She is funny and wacky when need be but has always been very professional with the news readings.

In a fantasty world Jessica Alba would get the job and the news would be filmed in an ultra high resolution fast action format similar to the movie Sin City. The promo for the CBS evening news would be Alba dressed as the cowgirl stripper dancing with her lasso as shown in Sin City.

In a fantasty world Jessica Alba would get the job and the news would be filmed in an ultra high resolution fast action format similar to the movie Sin City. The promo for the CBS evening news would be Alba dressed as the cowgirl stripper dancing with her lasso as shown in Sin City.

I can already see it now...

jessicasincity5qe.gif

"Jessica Alba for the CBS Evening News. Goodnight..."

My 2 cents on this topic is that KC is the WORST choice for this job. She is a total phoney that cheerleads for the movement that is popular at any given time. When the war in Iraq started in 03 she was a totally with the Bush regime and had on marines on Today to promote the war and dehumanize the civilian casulaties on the other side. Fast forward a few years and now she has turned into a flaming liberal totally knocking Bush and having on people who speak of the leaking of information and the funds unaccounted for in the war.

Meredith Vierra would be a much better choice for CBS simly because she is much more real and down to earth. She has never really been very political in her stance on things and that is a great thing.

Maybe that's the reason why Couric got the job. Remember, Dan Rather wasn't trying to win a popularity contest for CBS...he told it like he physically saw it. Maybe CBS didn't feel they could afford that risk again because of that Rather/Bush scandal last year, which is unfortunate, because that's the kind of news anchor I like (one that doesn't give what others think if it's the truth they're trying to present)

In all fairness, in '03 who wasn't on the Bush bandwagon. The atmosphere at that time made it very difficult to do otherwise. On the other hand, speaking of leaks and weaknesses in the Bush Administration are common today. It is not a so much "Katie" issue, but just reflective of our news media.

I kind of look forward to seeing Katie deliver the Evening News, except like many people, I am rarely home in time to see it.

Let's see...I make a comment, and nmainguy has to tell me yet again what an awful person I am. :rolleyes::lol:

News flash: people die all the time of something. That's great that she has opened eyes to the issues surrounding colon cancer (hey, I even saw the segment where she got a colonoscopy--my husband was also in that segment for about three seconds). It doesn't make her a saint, and it doesn't make her a serious journalist in my eyes. Both of my parents are dead. One of them died when my sister and I were kids--so spare me the drama about how her children lost their father and she lost her husband. I can say whatever the heck I want to about her. You wanna give someone credit for helping colon cancer? Try the RESEARCH DOCTORS, nmainguy. You know--the PhD's that make it possible for MD's to have golf memberships and drive Mercedes?

Here's a tip: learn to ignore me. ^_^ I've had to bite the bullet with most of the comments you have made recently, I wish you could do so with mine.

Yes, people die daily. No she is not a saint nor are you or I. She merely has the advantage of having a national platform to advance advocacy for colonoscopies which are beneficial to you and I and millions of others.

When you choose to minimise the death of her girl's dad, then I guess that's something you have to live with.

Yes you can say whatever the "heck" you want which you regularly do and what regularly informs everyone where you are coming from. l I give her HUGE credit for informing and educating the public on the importance of colonoscopies. I know for a fact that she gives material support to the researchers as well. Do you? I do.

Edited by nmainguy

In all fairness, in '03 who wasn't on the Bush bandwagon. The atmosphere at that time made it very difficult to do otherwise.

Meredith Viera wasn't: 2004-08-30-ABCTVVieira.jpg

She also shouldn't go to CBS because her husband already works there. The Today Show is a fine medium between the fluffy The View and her roots at 60 Minutes.