Downtown Austin Photos

SpaceCity

• 5 months later...
That Frost Tower is very cool.  I just wish it was about 100 feet taller.

Yes, the Frost Tower is exactly what Austin needed to get out of its "80s look.

And, yes, like you, I wished it was 100 feet taller............I am just think long term.....already there is a proposal for a 41-42 storey tower for 2008......and in ten years.........I am afraid this cool design will be lost among 4-5 taller buildings surrounding it :(

Any story on new developements????????? Especially downtown?

m.

i took more pics in december...here are a few...

37685114.jpg

37685115.jpg

37685167.jpg

37685168.jpg

37685163.jpg

37716557.jpg

37716530.jpg

37716533.jpg

37716543.jpg

37716538.jpg

FANTASTIC PIX!

Native Houstonian.......now living in LA.......... went to college in Austin....

loved the place.........sort of LA like in topography if LA got a little more rain

A Big small town, or small big town...........there was a lot of gripe from native Austinites as it experienced the rapid growth........has that mellowed out any? I always thought it could use about another 1 million people :D .... Naw...just kidding. I want it urban......or rather, more urban that it is........but moderate growth so the infrastructure can keep up or even supercede the growth.....and developers can preserve the absolutely gorgeous vistas enjoyed by all who are there........ know what I mean?

Austin is cool................. i plan to retire there.

m.

i took more pics in december...here are a few...

37685114.jpg

37685115.jpg

37685167.jpg

37685168.jpg

37685163.jpg

37716557.jpg

37716530.jpg

37716533.jpg

37716543.jpg

37716538.jpg

I wish Frank Gehry could visit Austin.......and use some of that great River property to design one of his masterpieces............ Living in LA, I am priviledged to be able to see the Walt Disney Concert Hall in person..........often.......in downtown..........what a wonder. It really is a sight in real life, despite how odd it may look in pictures. A fantastic museum of glass, limestone and steel rising up on the banks of the Colorado.......... what a jewel in Austin's and Texas' for that matter...........crown.

m. :)

yeah, austin by far my favorite city in the state and one of my favorite american cities overall. not too big (like houston) but not too small either.

as far as i know, austin actually lost people for a while after the dot-com's went bust and people moved elsewhere looking for IT work.

yeah, austin by far my favorite city in the state and one of my favorite american cities overall. not too big (like houston) but not too small either.

as far as i know, austin actually lost people for a while after the dot-com's went bust and people moved elsewhere looking for IT work.

Too bad...........I hope they can get their high-tech crowd back........

I knew Austin came into its own when it was mentioned in a couple of movies in the early "90s.............like Disclosure and..........uhhhhh, I can't remember the other one.

I flew into the "new" airport about five years ago..............I had absolutely no idea they were building one.......(yes, i finally pulled my head out of the sand :rolleyes: )..........very nice look about it.

I like that Austin is really coming into her own during this time period......lots of

post-modern and millineal designs......... and yes, I too like that it is not this huge monster of Houston nor a small Waco/Temple/Killean type of set-up.

m.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived