Providence Bar At 1308 W. 20th St.

wendyps

I dropped by the corkscrew last night and was very pleasantly met! This is a great, large wine bar with lots of room for seating for small groups or large. The staff was very helpful and nice. I walked away with 3 new selections, all at under 20, and all that I was allowed to taste. She even opened a bottle for me with no requirement of buying a glass.

It is on washington, between Sawyer and Houston.

Next time you are looking for a place to sit and chat comfortably, please give this a shot. I would love for it to succeed.

I dropped by the corkscrew last night and was very pleasantly met! This is a great, large wine bar with lots of room for seating for small groups or large. The staff was very helpful and nice. I walked away with 3 new selections, all at under 20, and all that I was allowed to taste. She even opened a bottle for me with no requirement of buying a glass.

It is on washington, between Sawyer and Houston.

Next time you are looking for a place to sit and chat comfortably, please give this a shot. I would love for it to succeed.

Thanks for the post. Love to see these restaurant/bar/tavern/new business capsule reviews.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Corkscrew - New Wine Bar
  • The title was changed to The Corkscrew At 1308 W. 20th St.
  • 10 months later...
  • The title was changed to Providence Bar At 1308 W. 20th St.
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 2:12 PM, Wdup said:

Did Providence Bar close? Looks like some changes are going on. 

The city recently cited the property for unpermitted work. Providence, a neighborhood bar, is located at 1398 W 20th St.

I don't know if the unpermitted work is for Providence or a new tenant.

Below are the notes posted from the report today: 

I55 on 311 complaint for unpermitted construction. Upon arrival no contact was made. I55 observed a wooden structure that has been built on the roof of the above named address. Property owner agreed to meet I55 on 05-21-2024 for access to the inside of the bar to further investigate. I55 informed property owner that an addition permit will be required the structure on the roof; that is for the new sign. 1st red tag posted, and follow up scheduled.

https://houston311.powerappsportals.us/en-US/checkcasestatus/casedetail/?id=4e05ff3b-7a13-ef11-9f89-001dd8066a11

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

1 hour ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

The city recently cited the property for unpermitted work. Providence, a neighborhood bar, is located at 1398 W 20th St.

Correction:  The city recently cited the property for unpermitted work. Providence, a neighborhood bar, is located at 1308 W 20th St.