Jim Nantz sticks up for Houston

MidtownCoog

Nantz slams selection process on Live on national TV.

"Guess what," Nantz said. "Houston beat LSU and also beat Arizona, but I don't see that created any kind of respect for Conference USA. Do you mean to tell me there isn't a third or fourth (C-USA) team that is deserving?"

A lot of it, said Nantz, comes down to our old friend, East Coast bias.

"They're thinking, 'We've got all their good teams now (in the Big East),' and they completely dissed Conference USA like there isn't anything happening over there," he said. "How come a win over LSU and a win over Arizona isn't impressive, but a win for Northern Iowa (over LSU) helps that whole league?"

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3719202.html

While I agree that UH got screwed over, say, Air Force and Utah State, shouldn't your headline read "UH alum Jim Nantz sticks up for Houston"? :lol:

I'm impressed with UH basketball again. If Tom Penders keeps it up, I think you'll see UH on the top 25 again in the coming years. In fact, I'm expecting many more Texas teams to get into Big Dance next year.

But how many people even know that?

The real shocker? Aggy in the Dance.

I think you mean the "Aggies" are in the Dance, and well-deserved too. 8 straight wins to end the season in the Big 12! Wow, what a turn around. Gig'em Billy Gillespie! Here's to hoping that he never leaves Aggieland!

I can't wait for the game on Thursday and even next season with Billy Clyde's top 10 recruiting class! Basketball is back at TAMU.

What makes the Aggies' bid so well deserved?

Was it their ONE win versus an RPI top 50 team?

Was it their ONE road game in out of conference play? (a loss by the way)

Was it their overall losing record on the road?

Was it their playing nearly 7 out of every 10 games at home?

the Aggies got in because college sports is all about the $$$$. BCS football schools have all the power and there was NO WAY the Big 12 was only going to get 3 teams in the field.

The entire process is a sham when a team like ATM gets in over a Missouri State. Here's why...

Missouri State is rated 23 places higher in the RPI.

Missouri State has FOUR top 50 wins compared to ATM's ONE.

Missouri State won EIGHT road games compared to FOUR for ATM.

Missouri State has FIVE wins over teams in the field compared to THREE for ATM (one was Southern!)

Missouri State played half their games on the road compared to just over 30% for the Aggies.

The only place the Aggies come close to Missouri State's resume is how they fared in their last 10 games. Both teams finished the year 8-2. However, Missouri State had FIVE of those ten games come against teams in the NCAA field. ATM had 3 and all of them came against the same team (Texas). MSU went 3-2 in those quality games down the stretch, ATM went 1-2 thanks to a total meltdown on a Texas player.

What makes the Aggies' bid so well deserved?

Was it their ONE win versus an RPI top 50 team?

Was it their ONE road game in out of conference play? (a loss by the way)

Was it their overall losing record on the road?

Was it their playing nearly 7 out of every 10 games at home?

the Aggies got in because college sports is all about the $$$$. BCS football schools have all the power and there was NO WAY the Big 12 was only going to get 3 teams in the field.

The entire process is a sham when a team like ATM gets in over a Missouri State. Here's why...

Missouri State is rated 23 places higher in the RPI.

Missouri State has FOUR top 50 wins compared to ATM's ONE.

Missouri State won EIGHT road games compared to FOUR for ATM.

Missouri State has FIVE wins over teams in the field compared to THREE for ATM (one was Southern!)

Missouri State played half their games on the road compared to just over 30% for the Aggies.

The only place the Aggies come close to Missouri State's resume is how they fared in their last 10 games. Both teams finished the year 8-2. However, Missouri State had FIVE of those ten games come against teams in the NCAA field. ATM had 3 and all of them came against the same team (Texas). MSU went 3-2 in those quality games down the stretch, ATM went 1-2 thanks to a total meltdown on a Texas player.

Talk to me Thursday night and let me know if the Aggies are overrated.

One and Done, Aggy!

Talk to me KinkaidAlum and MidtownCoog! I'm listening... do you still think the Ags don't belong in the Dance? Tell me it was luck, give me an excuse.

Aggies 66 Orangeman 58

Billy Gillespie - Big 12 Coach of the Year 2005, 2006

Syracuse as a #5 seed was one of the biggest jokes of all time. This is a team that was beaten by 40 at DePaul just 10 days ago!

Also nice of SU to notify folks of McNamara's injury.

Beating SU without McNamara is akin to beating Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart.

Here's why the big 12 is over-rated...

62-59 Miami over Okie State in NIT

79-61 Old Dominion over Colorado in Boulder in NIT

72-62 Hofstra over Nebraska in the NIT

82-74 UW-Milwaukee over Oklahoma in the NCAA

77-73 Bradley over Kansas in the NCAA

AND, if not for the 14 point difference at the foul line, Texas would have lost to PENN! by 6. UT managed just 38 points on made baskets versus a team from the IVY LEAGUE!

• 3 weeks later...