Movie Tavern Theater At Highway 249 At FM 1960

mrfootball

Wow, that should be interesting. The movie theater at Willowbrook mall has a tradition of the audience constantly yelling stuff out and joking around during the movie. I can't imagine what they're going to do with this!

Speaking of which, AMC just closed the Loews Easton Commons. The closest theater to the closed theater is Willowbrook.

Edited by VicMan

I've been to Movie Tavern. It's just a poor imitation of Alamo Drafthouse.

I would prefer the Alamo Drafthouse, but I'll be happy enough to give this place a try...it's still a Texas-based company, and the beer, mixed drinks and Movies are the same. Should be an interesting new option...

Also, with it being an 18 and up (21 for drinking) establishment, it shouldn't have the teen loitering riff-raff that usually accompanies the Theatre-going experience at Houston area cinemas.

I wonder why they're using the home depot building. The old AMC theater at Willowbrook Commons is still empty, unless it's still being used for storage.

I too would prefer Alama Drafthouse, it's not just the food but it's the oddball movies they show. And the decent beer selection.

• 1 month later...
Speaking of which, AMC just closed the Loews Easton Commons. The closest theater to the closed theater is Willowbrook.

What about the Rave Theatres that opened at Thanksgiving, just about two miles south down the road at W. Little York? That's what actually did in the Lowes easton Commons. They closed very shortly after Rave opened.

• The title was changed to Movie Tavern Theater At Highway 249 At FM 1960