Where were you on 11/22/1963

Ashikaga

On November 21, 1963, I was five years old. My parents and I stood in front of Park Place Methodist Church on the Gulf Freeway waiting for President Kennedy's motorcade. He passed right in front of us. I distinctly remember seeing him face-to-face as he went by us. My mother picked me up so that I could see him clearly, and I did.

The next day I was in Kindergarten class in Park Place Elementary School. A woman came into the classroom and told us what had happened up in Dallas. That was 42 years ago. I'm now 48, and I can remember it just like it was yesterday.

Are any of you out there "conspiracy theorists"?

On November 21, 1963, I was five years old. My parents and I stood in front of Park Place Methodist Church on the Gulf Freeway waiting for President Kennedy's motorcade. He passed right in front of us. I distinctly remember seeing him face-to-face as he went by us. My mother picked me up so that I could see him clearly, and I did.

The next day I was in Kindergarten class in Park Place Elementary School. A woman came into the classroom and told us what had happened up in Dallas. That was 42 years ago. I'm now 48, and I can remember it just like it was yesterday.

Are any of you out there "conspiracy theorists"?

I was -23 years old, so, like, I can't recall. That IS something that I would like to ask my parents. I can't believe I've never asked them about that day yet. Thanks:)

By the way, just to clear it up, is it true that the day before the assasination, he stayed at the Rice Hotel in Houston? All I know is that there's something significant about that location. 4give my ignorance, yo...

I was -23 years old, so, like, I can't recall. That IS something that I would like to ask my parents. I can't believe I've never asked them about that day yet. Thanks:)

By the way, just to clear it up, is it true that the day before the assasination, he stayed at the Rice Hotel in Houston? All I know is that there's something significant about that location. 4give my ignorance, yo...

I don't think that President Kennedy stayed overnight in Houston on his last visit. The way that I've understood what I've read, he went to San Antonio, then to Houston, then spent his last night in Fort Worth before going to Dallas the next day. My mother told me that there was one time before that when we went to see him in Houston. I think on that occassion he spoke at Rice University. Maybe someone else out there knows for certain. She told me that I was with her, but I don't remember that event.

I went to hear Kennedy speak at Rice Stadium. We got out of school for the day if we were going to see him.

I was at Hamilton JH at lunch when a friend's mom drove up and told us the news that he had been shot. After lunch when everyone was back in class, our principal, JD Oaks came on the PA system and told everyone the news.

He led off with a speech about Life in general and about bad things happening. When he finally said that the president had been shot, he was in tears and his voice was cracking. That affected me more than the actual news of the shooting.

I went to hear Kennedy speak at Rice Stadium. We got out of school for the day if we were going to see him.

I was at Hamilton JH at lunch when a friend's mom drove up and told us the news that he had been shot. After lunch when everyone was back in class, our principal, JD Oaks came on the PA system and told everyone the news.

He led off with a speech about Life in general and about bad things happening. When he finally said that the president had been shot, he was in tears and his voice was cracking. That affected me more than the actual news of the shooting.

Yes, and two days later, my dad said that he saw Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald on live national television.

Yeah, I saw that, too, as did most of the country. Much like the days after 9/11, most Americans were glued to their TV sets from Friday evening (day of shooting) 'til Monday, the day he was buried.

I responded to this subject in a previous thread-can't remember which one.

I was 10 years old and in the Cub Scouts. Our troop mother took us downtown to see Kennedy arrive at the Rice. There was a line of police motorcycles parked diagonally side by side. I was a little squirt and could not see much of anything until Max Peck (Rice hotel manager-friend of my mom's) saw me and stood me up on the seat of a cycle. I think I saw Kennedy but I know I saw Johnson as he patted me on the head.

The next day I saw my father cry for the first time. It was a profound moment in my life.

Ashikaga is correct. The Kennedys did not spend the night here. He gave a speech for Albert Thomas that night-11.21.63-and flew to Ft. Worth.

You know what happened next. :(

I responded to this subject in a previous thread-can't remember which one.

I was 10 years old and in the Cub Scouts. Our troop mother took us downtown to see Kennedy arrive at the Rice. There was a line of police motorcycles parked diagonally side by side. I was a little squirt and could not see much of anything until Max Peck (Rice hotel manager-friend of my mom's) saw me and stood me up on the seat of a cycle. I think I saw Kennedy but I know I saw Johnson as he patted me on the head.

The next day I saw my father cry for the first time. It was a profound moment in my life.

Ashikaga is correct. The Kennedys did not spend the night here. He gave a speech for Albert Thomas that night-11.21.63-and flew to Ft. Worth.

You know what happened next. :(

Yes, to me it so hard to believe that there are still "conspiracy theorists" wanting to "solve" this after over 42 years. There are indeed many things that don't "add up". But as far as my personal belief, there is only one thing that I've always had a problem with: I just have never been able to accept it that one person could fire three shots accurately at a moving target in 5 or 6 seconds.

Yes, to me it so hard to believe that there are still "conspiracy theorists" wanting to "solve" this after over 42 years. There are indeed many things that don't "add up". But as far as my personal belief, there is only one thing that I've always had a problem with: I just have never been able to accept it that one person could fire three shots accurately at a moving target in 5 or 6 seconds.

Don't count the first shot-that's when the firing begins-so it would be your 5-6 seconds it would take to fire off two additional shots.

I never found it far-fetched to think Oswald could'nt have pulled it off-even with two shots over a three second period.

It was a sad day in any event.

:(

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe it's still a mystery either. It was a US president shot in front of hundreds of people. And I do think it was more than one. The bullets don't look like they all came in the same direction.

Has there ever been a theory that maybe there was an evil coincedence? Maybe there were more than one person or group that was plotting to shoot the president, and just so happen to pick the same place and time? Soundz wierd, but is that possible?

I can't believe it's still a mystery either. It was a US president shot in front of hundreds of people. And I do think it was more than one. The bullets don't look like they all came in the same direction.

Has there ever been a theory that maybe there was an evil coincedence? Maybe there were more than one person or group that was plotting to shoot the president, and just so happen to pick the same place and time? Soundz wierd, but is that possible?

[/quote\

My personal belief is, is that anything in this day and age is not impossible. I've learned never to say "never".

Archived