Meyerland Crossing: Retail Center At 8845 West Loop S.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

A Capital Retail Properties sign has been posted.  Please tell me they are planning a large scale retail-focused mixed-use development. I looked at their other projects and they focus on large retail/mixed-use developments. Lower Heights District, The Shoppes At Uptown Crossing,  Sawyer Heights Village, The Woodlands Town Center, and the Americana Downtown Redevelopment.

icmEHwf.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is a 125,074 sf parcel bordering Meyer Park Dr, Jason St, and Frankway Dr in southwest Houston.

4501 Jackwood St is catty corner to the Highbank apartments at 8877 Frankway Dr. It's also catty corner to the South Cross Center / or Southcross Center at 8715 West Loop S (where Hobby Lobby and K&G Fashion Superstore are located).

I'm uncertain of the neighborhood, but it's near the Meyerland area. I thought since this is in southwest Houston it should be posted in the southwest forum, but the way that particular forum is set up, it's not for neighborhoods in southwest Houston.

ey6fxBc.jpg

Jackwood St and Frankway Dr
utvHObP.jpg

Frankway Dr and Jason St
JYva6UF.jpg

Jason St and Meyer Park Dr
nkUNeg0.jpg

Meyer Park Dr and Jackwood St
5AFsjNd.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

Over the weekend, Houston Grub Park announced its relocating to 4501 Jackwood St. It was previously located at 1615 S Loop W.

The food truck park plans to host 15 food trucks. There will tents for other food and retail vendors.

Houston Grub Park is opening October 7.

https://houstongrubpark.com/

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

Capital Retail Properties has this featured on their front page!!  Mixed-Use Development consisting of 4-story multifamily and retail. 

The rendering features only one of three parcels of the 17 acre site. This is Parcel B consisting of 7.45 acres.

Kinda cool! Can they get it off the ground?

CRP does great work!

CTuxJR9.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Phase 1 of Meyerland Crossing has started!! I could move this to Going Up! since there's a 4-story MF wrap planned.

oc9ghGC.jpg

Still on the front page of CRP, might be one of their most anticipated projects?

What about the last parcel? Did CRP buy the whole 17-acres?

Developer's website:

https://www.capitalretailproperties.com/properties/id1542

Construction update from last week:

9FPCR8k.jpg

odPHTTQ.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find a thread for this but if there already is, please merge.

This site has sat vacant for quite some years, it used to be additional parking for the mid-rise building next door. It looks like now a retail building will go up here. Work has already started, I've noticed work being done for the last few weeks but couldn't figure out what was going on. 

ScreenShot2023-10-23at10_29_32AM.png.5954803bca04926cc0e04d0c351741b3.png

ScreenShot2023-10-23at10_29_42AM.png.e4395059443ae6adebabba39e69ecbeb.png

ScreenShot2023-10-23at10_29_58AM.png.eac9cee90fb7f53af5db30869068f2dd.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Meyerland Crossing: Retail Center At 8845 West Loop S.
  • 3 weeks later...