Whole Foods Market At 15900 Southwest Fwy.

ProHouston

I went last night for the "soft" opening. Wow! It was packed! The place is really nice and the layout is great. Even the outdoor area and indoor/outdoor restaurant are very well done. I look forward to shopping here frequently.

But yes, it is a bit pricey.

I have not been out there in a while. Is ther other inline retail or is this a freestanding building. I am interested in the tenant mix that followed Whole Foods to this location (which is fantastic). Great corner.

The parking situation was ridiculous yesterday around 1:00 pm. Let's hope the crowds dwindle, because the parking lot isn't huge for a grocery store + additional retail. However, I'm sure a number of Whole Foods corporate folks were there, as were constrcution workers and vendors. There was some parking in rear that was blocked, presumably for employees and vendors.

There is other retail going in on both sides of the store, as well as some pad sites. I don't know if anything is open yet and the only places with signs up are Charles Schwab (I think) and FedEx Kinkos.

Went there for a late lunch after coming home from classes; the place was PACKED, and they were lacking a few items I am used to seeing at other Whole Foods locations. Of course, most of the workers are fresh and new, and don't quite get the hang of it yet, but most of them were quite helpful; that's a big plus. Loved the layout; it has high ceilings like the Westheimer and Kirby location, but feels less crowded, due to the way things are set up. I personally still prefer the cozy Bellaire location, however. The landscaping outside is nice, too, and the nice outdoor cafe area is a plus.

Went there last evening. It was nice. Love the layout and items there. Huge crowds and parking lot was full. The best sample i had was the Turkey Chowder soup. Question? I really wanted to know how to make the Turkey Chowder soup, but didn't see anything there as far as ingredients of stuff to get in order to make the soups. I guess they just wanted us to buy and eat right there. Seriously, that Turkey Chowder was awesome!!

• 4 weeks later...

The selection at whole foods was pretty good. Prices were not too bad, some of the stuff was steep, but in general not much more than what you would pay a super-Wally World or Kroger.

The items that you need to try are the the smoked pork ribs, beef brisket, and pulled pork BBQ. I liked the sample so much that I had to buy some for dinner that night. My wife who hates pork, even liked the pulled pork.

• The title was changed to Whole Foods Market At 15900 Southwest Fwy.

Archived