Houston Oil Company Restaurant On Beechnut St.

brucesw

Does anybody remember the name of the hamburger restaurant in the old Meyerland Plaza, on the s. side of the center, not facing Beechnut or the Loop, that had the gasoline station theme -- lots of pumps and signs and the like. Was it just the Oil Co. or something like that?

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody remember the name of the hamburger restaurant in the old Meyerland Plaza, on the s. side of the center, not facing Beechnut or the Loop, that had the gasoline station theme -- lots of pumps and signs and the like.  Was it just the Oil Co. or something like that?

I think that was called the Houston Oil Company.

That also reminds me of the Filling Station (I think it was called that) on Richmond maybe near Fountainview. They had an old-time red gas pump in front.

Also, does anyone remember Dean Goss Dinner Theatre? Dean Goss was a pretty big presence in Houston in the 70s.

• 2 years later...
ScottP said:
The Tomball location is the only one I know of right now. I will let you know if I hear of any more, though.

The restaurant I remember was on the far south side of Meyerland Plaza, close to the stand alone theater. I remember it being called the Houston Oil Company. The food was good but I only ate there if I was dating a girl that lived in that part of town.

Edit: Houston Oil Company Restaurant - Booze & Eatery 

f9qaZyr.jpg

E26cZCJ.jpg

Archived