Chateaux Dijon: Multifamily At 5331 Beverly Hill St.

Willowisp

Before we bought our house (just South of Meyerland in Willowbend) we lived in Chateaux Dijon off of Richmond for 5 years. We loved the convenience and the low cost of living at that particular complex and we tolerated the crime in the area the best we could. We lived in a one bedroom apt. for 5 years. That must say something about how much we loved the Galleria area. But, our car stereo was stolen out of the parking lot and you may remember the guy who got shot in the face in that complex a few years back. It's just something you live with in the city. We walk tall and quick and with confidence. I know a friend at work who lived in Larchmont with kids until one night they were broken into and had to call the police and they decided right then and there to move to Sugar Land. I think that kind of thing can happen almost anywhere nowdays though. It's probably followed them out to where they live now. We worry about our living situation here too. There's no escape. We have alarms and do what we can.

Sorry, I don't guess I solved anything with this post! Just don't put your whole choice of where you live based on crime.

I do remember flooding of cars during Allison, but ours weren't flooded and we lived on the 2nd floor. Still, I think it slopes down from Richmond to the 59.

As for noise, there's a huge soundwall, but there's kind of a faint roar over the 2 or 3 streets of subdivision closest to 59. I don't know how it is inside the houses though.

We are dealing with our own noise issues, so I'm sensitive to that issue...

Jason

Archived