Henry MacGregor Mansion At 3530 Fannin St.

NenaE

http://www.houstontx.gov/parks/macgregor.html

a little about Mr. MacGregor...does anyone know where his house was located? May not have even been in Riverside Terrace.

At the time of Mr MacGregor's death he lived at 3530 Fannin Street at the corner of Berry St, directly across from the Marie Boswell Flake Home of the Women (now Adkin's Architectural Antiques). Ensemble Theater currently stands at that site. The 1924 Sanborn Map shows the MacGregor House to be a large 2-story affair with a portico in front and a 3rd floor cupola on top.

At the time of Mr MacGregor's death he lived at 3530 Fannin Street at the corner of Berry St, directly across from the Marie Boswell Flake Home of the Women (now Adkin's Architectural Antiques). Ensemble Theater currently stands at that site. The 1924 Sanborn Map shows the MacGregor House to be a large 2-story affair with a portico in front and a 3rd floor cupola on top.

Thank you for looking that up...the antiques "house" is awesome, as well as the merchandise. I remember observing the area around the porte-cochere, there was a very small, narrow stairway leading to the 2nd story. I also recall a grand stairway w/ stained glass. I think I have a picture of that theater.

Guess Mr. MacGregor lived by the streetcar railway he promoted, in his early business ventures, before moving on to real estate.

Those Sanborn's are priceless.

• 14 years later...

Does any of the HAIF Historians have a photo of the old Henry MacGregor house located in 3530 Fannin Street? 

The home was built in the 1920s.  All I could find on Google Earth from 1944. I'd love to see an actual picture if anyone comes across it.

7VnHHS7.jpeg