Home At 1801 Ashland St.

cwrm4

Has anyone heard any news about this project? Have the owners come forth with their plans?

I don't live in the Heights, but I do go there often for the funky shops and laidback atmosphere, feels like a small town. I was on my way to Harold's and passed by the site, they have a sign up along with photographs of what looks to be a scale model of the building to come. Looks to be a very interesting design, and they are going to have a patio!!! :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so this makes sense in a "Landry's" kind of way.

Let's tear down an actual victorian restaurant so we can build a new faux victorian themed restaurant.

i will also NEVER eat at the new place.

Yep, the million bucks +, he's about to spend to build a NEW eatery could have easily gone into rehabbing the old house. What is the world coming to ? :wacko:

This is not the consensus of the Heights. Please don't speak for the "Heights Residents".

Really? I don't know who you are except you have provided a total of 2 posts in this forum. I, as much or more than anyone else in this forum knows the pulse of the Heights. Are you just a lurker or undercover? Your posts invite suspicion.

BTW, many of us placed our trust in Ryan's pronouncements. We were not "asleep at the wheel". Clearly we were wrong to place our trust in what he said. As others have said in this thread, don't expect much buisness once word had been spread about the under-handed tactics that resulted in the destruction of Ashland House.

I don't live in the Heights, but I do go there often for the funky shops and laidback atmosphere, feels like a small town. I was on my way to Harold's and passed by the site, they have a sign up along with photographs of what looks to be a scale model of the building to come. Looks to be a very interesting design, and they are going to have a patio!!! :D

Oh well....so long as they are going to have a PATIO! Let's bulldoze whatever!

If anybody wants to go to the new place, more power to them, I for one will not darken the doorstep.

We thank you for trying to fit your plans with the Heights.

I guess that is the "royal we"

• 2 weeks later...

As of Early June...

And the picture on their sign shows a very contemporary building, despite the fact that they said it would be Victorian.

I don't care that it isn't faux Victorian- I do mind being lied to.

How could I have forgotten to add

www.savethebungalows.org

As of Early June...

And the picture on their sign shows a very contemporary building, despite the fact that they said it would be Victorian.

I don't care that it isn't faux Victorian- I do mind being lied to.

How could I have forgotten to add

www.savethebungalows.org

In a way, I'm actually very glad that it's not faux Victorian. I'm glad they're not making a mockery of the building they tore down. I'm still not going to eat there, though.

• The title was changed to Home At 1801 Ashland St.

Archived