Weatherby Arms Museum At 2510 Westridge St.

texianjoe

Welcome to HAIF. I went ahead and set this up as a separate topic.

I didn't know that Houston ever had a wax museum!

We had on of sorts on Westridge between Kirby and Main in the late 70s. The building was shaped like a castle and may still be there, at least it was in the early 90s. It was a warfare museum and had wax figures set up in displays from Ghengis Khan to the Inquisition to Adolf Hitler. If there was a wax museum on Post Oak I am not familiar with that one.

joe

We had on of sorts on Westridge between Kirby and Main in the late 70s. The building was shaped like a castle and may still be there, at least it was in the early 90s. It was a warfare museum and had wax figures set up in displays from Ghengis Khan to the Inquisition to Adolf Hitler. If there was a wax museum on Post Oak I am not familiar with that one.

joe

Was that a large white building? In one scene in Brewster McCloud there was a large building in the background that looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Subdude said:
Was that a large white building? In one scene in Brewster McCloud there was a large building in the background that looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Yes it was a large white stone building with towers on the corners and a moat in front with a draw bridge to the front door.

joe

Edit: July 27, 1983

B6ESBU1.png

t0EhUme.png

Archived