Best Suburb

Parrothead

Best Suburb  

227 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best suburb in the Houston area?

• The Woodlands
    • Spring
    • Kingwood
    • Fall Creek/Summerwood Area
    • Willowbrook/Champions
    • Katy/Cinco Ranch Area
    • Sugar Land/West Ft. Bend
    • Pearland
    • Clear Lake/League City
    • Missouri City/East Ft. Bend

Wrong!

Bunker Hill is not Houston. It is it's own incorporated city or "Village". As are all of the 6 true "Memorial Villages".

Bunker Hill Village

Hedwig Village

Spring Valley Village

Hilshire Village

Piney Point Village

Hunters Creek Village

They have their own Police, Fire, Water, School District, etc.

All are the perfect example of a "suburb".

I would take any of the above villages over The Woodlands. I used to live near the blimp station near Louetta in the 70's...back when the area was countryside. The Woodlands area was so beautiful back then.

Today, I-45 is a cankersore of visual pollution surrounding all of the frontage roads. Now it makes me sick to even go driving in the area anymore. :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Granted, Pasadena is not River Oaks. But this description above is very tainted. Sure, there is crap there. But there is crap in Houston proper also. And there is crap in Dallas. Crap in Austin exists too, but in Austin, they refer to crap as "quirky" or "weird".

Lol...so that's what they mean by "Keep Austin Weird", eh? It's really "Keep Austin Crappy". :P

• 4 months later...

But this description above is very tainted. Sure, there is crap there. But there is crap in Houston proper also. And there is crap in Dallas. Crap in Austin exists too, but in Austin, they refer to crap as "quirky" or "weird".

Lol...so that's what they mean by "Keep Austin Weird", eh? It's really "Keep Austin Crappy". :P

Not really but... I can guarantee you if Austin had no zoning, it would be praised for being "weird" and "different."

Houston has no formal zoning, but instead it's mostly criticized for it and used as a negative by outsiders.

It's a double standard if I ever saw one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like Sugar Land the best. For me, it is generally aesthetically pleasing and offers a pleasant orderly contrast to what is Houston. I don't ever travel to The Woodlands so that wasn't a choice for me. If I had to live in one Houston's suburbs it would be Sugar land.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived