Meyer Park Golf Center At 9600 Meyer Forest Dr.

Highrise Tower

I've been seeing a few posts around the internet regarding a golf driving range in the Meyer Park Shopping Center.  Before the Walmart store moved in, there was a large hill on the parcel where the golf driving range was located. 

Anyone have any memories of this place? I tried searching around Google without luck finding information.

I just found a Texas Monthly magazine dated December 1990 and it came with an article about a golf business called Meyer Park Golf center located at 9600 Meyer Forest Drive, Loop 610 and South Post Oak Road. I assume this was the place? Google Maps places 9600 Meyer Forest Drive at the corner of MFD and Meyer Park Blvd near the small lakes/ponds  Not exactly the precise location of the current Walmart, but maybe it was platted differently 30-years ago. 

Looks like Saul Sellinger was the owner/partner of the Meyer Park Golf Center that was in business between the years 1989-1998.

gwAMZTD.png

Fairway to Heaven

A strike of a genius inspired Meyer Park Golf Center in Houston.  Putting greens and lights for night playing are par for the course at most driving ranges, but this swanky practice facility’s five greens, elevated tee boxes, sand traps, and water hazards help you improve on a good swing. Open daily 8:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. $4.75 for a bucket of 75 balls; $5.50 for 100. 9600 Meyer Forest, Loop 610 and S. Post Oak (713-728-4941).

XmhZf0S.png

• Like 1

I remember this place I use to live right down the street in Willow Meadows it was really small only like 2.5 to 4 acres they hardly ever anybody there by the early 2000s Walmart was built.  There was small golf course at Willow Bend and Stella Link also never anybody there it closed like the early to mid 90s

• Like 1

I remember they had several geese hanging around there for a while. Geese can be aggressively territorial, and these didn't seem to have much (if any) fear of humans. One of them tried to take a bite out of my pants when I got a little closer to him than I probably should have. 

• Like 1